Thread: ww2 handguns

Default ww2 handguns

back from the range yesterday. Attachment 46703

Blog Entries

Nice Collection!!

All beauties!

Beautiful pistols! Recognize the revolvers. But, what are the semi-autos? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Beautiful pistols! Recognize the revolvers. But, what are the semi-autos? Sincerely. bruce.
    top auto is a cz27 .32 auto with ww2 proof marks. second is a Hungarian frommer stop in .32 auto. third is a DUO .25 auto.
    all three of these pistols are vet bringbacks that were given to me when I was younger. the cz27 is my favorite to shoot of the five.
    thanks guys for the kind words.

Is that just the lighting or does the CZ27 slide show a hint of plumb coloring?

7. Default

Duo is a really cool little pistol.....

I read, and assume it's so, that a lot of, maybe most WW II German soldiers through the first half of the war at least, carried back up pistols, usually small automatics squirreled away somewhere in their gear to use in a "last throw" defense. I also understand most of these were private purchases. I know a lot of G.I.s also carried personally owned hand guns in WWII and that the practice continued at least through the 1960s. I know for a fact that the carrying of privately owned back up pistols was not uncommon for U.S. service members during the Viet Nam era. I remember well one NCO on a Nike site who routinely carried a S&W Model 27 in a Bianchi X 15 shoulder holster when he made off base road trips....very "Dirty Harry."
    Last edited by Art; 11-10-2019 at 02:16.

Quote Originally Posted by P51MUSTANG View Post
    Duo is a really cool little pistol.....
    not much different than the colt vest pocket. except for the grip safety.Attachment 46723