Default Very black HRA's

I noticed a post questioning whether a Very Black HRA part could be original. I have two HRA's that are black....Greek Black. It' not hard to extrapolate that some greek black parts have moved through the chain. Are there Very Black original HRA parts? Maybe. Are there Very Black Greek Black parts floating around? Yes.

DSC03484.jpg
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-04-2019 at 10:51.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Very dark/black Greek finish parts are certainly available. You have two beautiful rifles! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Right one looks like Greek black the left one doesn’t.

I have a Greek black HRA. Was kinda disappointed by the finish. But USGI wood and actually a minimally used bore. I bet the phosphate was fine underneath the black.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    Right one looks like Greek black the left one doesn’t.
    Good eye. I'm not 100% sure about the left one but the one on the right has three pieces of bulky beech wood.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I think they're both greek black

Original finish can range from gray to black. The one in the picture on the right "might " be so called greek black, its hard to tell from that one pic. Once you see it you wont forget what it looks like. Greek black has the "look of thick epoxy paint not black parkerizing
    Last edited by Orlando; 11-11-2019 at 04:13.

8. Default

I agree the finish on the right one looks Greek and is a dead on match for my RIA 1903 Greek return.

Need to remember nit all Greek Returns were refinished