Default Opinion on barrel

IMG_0478.jpg hi, I got a chance to purchase a decent carbine but I would like some help from the experts. I know most can tell from the crown if any funny business is going on with being cut down and recrowned. I provided a picture and would appreciate your opinions. Everything else looks correct about it from what I can tell. Thanks.

It's not only the crown, but also the barrel wall thickness. What is the muzzle diameter? I ask, because even though the front appears to be OK, the walls look a little thick. The front of the stock is also critical, as is the number of holes under that trigger guard plate. If you suspect the gun isn't right, we'd like to see a lot more pics.

I added two new pics of front of barrel. The muzzel measures the same as my 1873 rifle so that seems to be correct. the first pic was added by mistake [ATTACH=CONFIG]46773
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr.j; 11-23-2019 at 05:14.

Barrel looks perfectly OK to me, at least from those pictures.

Back in the day, pre-1980, guys just whacked barrels off, cobbled on some sort of front sight and called it a carbine. Now, fakers sometimes re-taper the barrel and do a much more sophisticated job on the sight, but that one appears un-molested.

5. Default

Looks good to me from the pics..... If you want to be sure Mic it in a few spots....