Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richard Hosmer

Default Richard Hosmer

Hey Dick, look what's heading my way!!!! Sometimes you just get lucky and this time it was me. Seems the guy that wanted to purchase this rifle found another before it arrived. Got a call today telling me it was available. Think its worth the price?
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/spri...ringfield+1873

Blog Entries

listing shows the price as pending

Lyman-Sorry, thought it was on that link. 2499.00 is the price. I tried to get it reduced but seems it already was.

Looks Nice! Be sure and post pictures when you get it!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Great buy, though I hate to think that's what they are going for - used to be a $5K piece in that condition. Cabelas has no clue.

Dick, I tried searching to see what they are selling for recently with not much luck. Prices I found are all over the place. There are a few on Guns International but they are posted by Collectors firearms and quite high in my opinion. Her is the other TRB that is also being sent to Delaware. I had this one shipped the other day before hearing the one I posted here did not sell. It has 2 faint cartouche marks along with faint circle P's Price on this one is 1849.00.https://www.cabelas.com/product/spri...ringfield+1873

I'm confused - who ACTUALLY got it? It's a very nice gun. When Cabelas first started out they had a lot of bargains like that - then they put everything up to the moon.

Dick, I typed this all out went to edit and diapered,UGH!!
    This may sound confusing but bear with me.
    The first rifle for 2495.00 I missed getting a couple weeks ago. They had another but it wasn't posted yet. In the mean time I called the Cabela's that the first rifle was shipped to, left my name and number just in case the buyer backed out. Tuesday the rifle for 1849.00 was posted on their site. It looked ok so I had it shipped to the Delaware store so I could check it out.
    Friday I received a call that the buyer for the first rifle backed out!!Now I have 2 rifles heading to Delaware.
    Not sure which one to actually buy and no I can't buy both LOL!! There are pros and cons on both that I can see in the photos. The first looks to be correct, has a crack in the muzzle end of the stock, slot less screws in the rear sight and all the metal parts have the same patina.
    The second one has a stock that has been sanded and the cartouche marks are light. Looks to be 2 SWP cartouche marks but neither one you can make out the date.There should only be one SWP cartouche correct? The wood also is not proud around the trigger guard and the breech block color is rather bright along with slotted screws in the rear sight.
    Decisions, decisions!!

Am I missing something here? Are these rare variants?

Completed listings on GB show some sold in the $600 range some higher and a few lower. Some didn't sell at all.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...=1&Timeframe=1

Allen: The ones in the 155-157k range with the sliding TRIANGULAR (not to be confused with the much later, dirt-common, ROUND rod) bayonet are scarce if not rare - only 1000 were made. You need my book on the rare TDS! $25 to POB 1367 Colusa CA 95932, signed, postpaid.

Carl: Two SWP stamps are commonly found on that model - they went back to SA for work on the latch, which never worked well. I'd take the better one though. One thing for sure you DON'T want mine, in fact I'd be ashamed to offer it next to those. It is strictly a "space-filler" while either of those would be a keeper - not that they couldn't be upgraded but you'd never NEED to.