Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"...the robo callers could care less..." Nope. Machines are like that though. Robo-callers are dialer computers not people. Dialer machines are very difficult to track and can be anywhere on the planet.
    Bell Canada opted to ignore the 'Do not call' list a few years ago. Endless calls from some Indian location. Cost Bell 2 million bucks. Which is a drop in their bucket.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I love wasting their time as much as possible! I stung one out about lower credit card rate with phony numbers, he was pissed when he caught on.
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...the robo callers could care less..." Nope. Machines are like that though. Robo-callers are dialer computers not people. Dialer machines are very difficult to track and can be anywhere on the planet.
    Bell Canada opted to ignore the 'Do not call' list a few years ago. Endless calls from some Indian location. Cost Bell 2 million bucks. Which is a drop in their bucket.
    Yeah, and all those machines in the background of the sweat shop have the same Mujibar accent.

If you have a land line your going to get goofy calls. The land line is right up there with Old Time t.v. But lately I get a robo call nearly every morning right at 10:48. It's so predictable. Of course I never answer a call that doesn't have a name attached. They don't leave a message so I have no idea what they are selling.
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-04-2019 at 11:06.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

2 things work for me whether it's the cell phone or land line.
    1) I hear the click and nobody talks.... I have not said anything for about 2 seconds ...........then I say
    "If you wish to speak to me, speak to me, if you don't then don't call back" Funny, a couple of times I did it to somone I know and they call back and laugh about it. but is HAS cut down on my crank calls.
    the other message I'll use is this: in a rough gruff voice and loud...almost shouting "JOES POOOL HALL"
    sometimes they will ask "is this a business"? and I say "yes, do you want a table or not? LOUDLY of course.
    If it is the clowns from the "stans" calling from microblows about my computer, I try to keep them on line as long as I can.....IF I have the TIME to do so. Otherwise, I tell them I have an apple, or I have Linux.

The stans huh? I'm trying to get my head around why it's always some outlandish place that does this stuff.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    2 things work for me whether it's the cell phone or land line.
    1) I hear the click and nobody talks.... I have not said anything for about 2 seconds ...........then I say
    "If you wish to speak to me, speak to me, if you don't then don't call back" Funny, a couple of times I did it to somone I know and they call back and laugh about it. but is HAS cut down on my crank calls.
    the other message I'll use is this: in a rough gruff voice and loud...almost shouting "JOES POOOL HALL"
    sometimes they will ask "is this a business"? and I say "yes, do you want a table or not? LOUDLY of course.
    If it is the clowns from the "stans" calling from microblows about my computer, I try to keep them on line as long as I can.....IF I have the TIME to do so. Otherwise, I tell them I have an apple, or I have Linux.
    I just ask them which computer,

and I tell them, I'll gladly take the time to chat if they can tell me which computer I am one, by model number,,,

so far, no takers

The robo calls are made by a contracted company they get paid for calls made so if they can get 20 calls in a minute they are making money. So when they call I am polite and let them get on with their spiel then I lay the phone down till I hear the hum after they hang up or the sound of phone off the hook.this takes them at least a minute to get off of the phone, so I have cost them 20 phone calls. They catch on pretty quick and the calls start to lessen. after a while of doing this they almost completely stop, cause your costing them money (time is money) getting kinda lonely around here anymore some times I gotta check and see if my phone is working Try it, I think you will be pleased lol lol