Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Default

maybe you should publish a book or manual
    Just to find out I mentioned super crimping as in beyond 45 pounds of bullet hole to bullet hold that exceeded what my Hornady leaver type puller would move and my RCBS collet puller did not do better. I had to abuse the press and bullets to pull the bullets.

And then I mentioned a had a few thoughts about measuring the length of cases from the shouldr/datum to the case head that could be compared to 'as fast as the cases could be picked up'.

That post disappeared in less than 24 hours, that would be moderates protecting members, and then there are those that are scared of a member that knows more about reloading than they do.

I do not know how sincere you are because I have never taken you seriously when you have responded to anything I have posted.

But I did give it a little thought, one of my granddaughters was stuck with me during a time she should have been in daycar and or have someone to great her when she got out of school. I can say it is a complimeent when someone thinks she is a little different, when that happens my wife, her grandmother points at me.

Reloading forums have too many excluder members, They only want 'yes' men, my life has been most interesting because I am not a 'yes' man.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 11-03-2019 at 07:57.

2. Default

That is the result of replying to my post which was posted twice. Thus "Who's on first?" I went back and changed the double post to "Since we're dealing....." What's to not appreciate?
    Forgive, I thought I was qouting nf1e, he thought he should be getting all of the attention, I do appreciated memberst that do not act like they are in grade school.

Again, please forgive.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 11-03-2019 at 08:05.

The old Buddhist saying: "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is a mountain." Translated: keep it simple for beginners, then for advanced students, complexity enters, and finally for masters, simplicity returns with an understanding of deeper principles.

Size the case to the chamber. Measure the setup, measure the result, through a means sufficient. That's all it is. I would shoot Me. Guffey's reloads. I would shoot Mr. nf1e's reloads. I shoot my own reloads.

You have my attention and my forgiveness.
    Please don't even attempt to guess what I am thinking.
    Heck, I can't figure that out myself half the time.
    Tis a hobby to be enjoyed by all.

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    And then there is cam over: I have three Rock Chuckers, not one of the three cams over meaning the Rock Chucker is not a bump press.

Again: I have 12 Herter presses, 5 different kind, all 12 of my Herter presses cam over, the Herter press is a bump press because they cam over.

F. Guffey
    While true about the Rock Chucker, I do not see how this has bearing on the topic and may only add confusion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Just to find out I mentioned super crimping as in beyond 45 pounds of bullet hole to bullet hold that exceeded what my Hornady leaver type puller would move and my RCBS collet puller did not do better. I had to abuse the press and bullets to pull the bullets.

And then I mentioned a had a few thoughts about measuring the length of cases from the shouldr/datum to the case head that could be compared to 'as fast as the cases could be picked up'.

That post disappeared in less than 24 hours, that would be moderates protecting members, and then there are those that are scared of a member that knows more about reloading than they do.

I do not know how sincere you are because I have never taken you seriously when you have responded to anything I have posted.

But I did give it a little thought, one of my granddaughters was stuck with me during a time she should have been in daycar and or have someone to great her when she got out of school. I can say it is a complimeent when someone thinks she is a little different, when that happens my wife, her grandmother points at me.

Reloading forums have too many excluder members, They only want 'yes' men, my life has been most interesting because I am not a 'yes' man.

F. Guffey
    I was actually being serious,

as long as you put those thought down in a non condescending way (your posts tend to read as if you are talking down to everyone on the boards,,,) they could be a valuable resource to reloaders.

no one here (at least in this section) is looking for a yes man,, some are looking to validate what they do, re reloading, some to learn, some to seek alternative methods or thoughts

as long as they are safe practices, no moderator would do any editing or deleting, but I cannot speak of the post you say was removed, that would have been done by JeffL or Sysad,

one thing that does not need to happen is for tempers to flare, or insults made, no matter how veiled, (perception is sometimes difficult on the web),

that should not be tolerated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    The old Buddhist saying: "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is a mountain." Translated: keep it simple for beginners, then for advanced students, complexity enters, and finally for masters, simplicity returns with an understanding of deeper principles.

Size the case to the chamber. Measure the setup, measure the result, through a means sufficient. That's all it is. I would shoot Me. Guffey's reloads. I would shoot Mr. nf1e's reloads. I shoot my own reloads.
    well said

7. Default

"I did give it a little thought" The wife came home to find the TV off, no Sponge Bob, no Veggie Tells etc.. She went to the shop and there was her granddaughter sizing 30/06 cases with a chant/by the numbers. She could not see over the shell holder, she had to located it with one hand and insert the case with the other. And then she raised the ram with both hands; once the case would hold the ram she changed her grip to overhead and then finished sizing. It was all she could do when lowering the sized case, it took both hands.

She would ask about ever case she sized; it was about that time grandma opened the door, the granddaughter hardly slowed down, The wife was not horrified but she was aware of the possibility of crushing hands and fingers. Explaining to my wife the press she was using was not in the habit of the handle falling by accident the possibility always existed.

Point? If my granddaughter has no interest in making a video it will not get done. Back in the old days the men had a lot of trouble learning to fly the B29; SO? Boeing trained women as flying instructors. It was then the men learned to fly the B29 and they realized how easy it was.

F. Guffey