Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Easiest solution today would be to use a Forster Co -Ax press and not have to worry about shell holders at all.
    most of my loading is on that press,

best one to have,

I use it more than my Dillon or single stages

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    \

I can not believe there are that many reloaders on this forum that appreciates that kind of answer, about the time I did not believe you could get sillier, you got sillier.

F. Guffey
    That is the result of replying to my post which was posted twice. Thus "Who's on first?" I went back and changed the double post to "Since we're dealing....." What's to not appreciate?

Life is way too short to be grumpy and negative.
    A little humor can be a good thing.
    Lighten up and isn't that I don't know on third?
    Last edited by nf1e; 11-03-2019 at 11:07.

4. Default

Easiest solution today would be to use a Forster Co -Ax press and not have to worry about shell holders at all.
    I doubt the co-ax press can make up for what the reloaders does not know. Nothing makes up for what a reloaderd does not know.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

I doubt the co-ax press can make up for what the reloaders does not know. Nothing makes up for what a reloaderd does not know.

F. Guffey
    maybe you should publish a book or manual

F. Guffey
    Amazing just how little faith a person can have in his comrades.
    Or is it a darn thing where one knows more and better than anyone on the block.
    Sure not a team player, sorry to say.
    Last edited by nf1e; 11-03-2019 at 08:05.

7. Default

No. The small amount of ram movement to ease friction lies within normal "slop" of the fit between case rim and shellholder. Done right, the case remains totally undisturbed in the die. (Shellholders are normally made with enough clearance to accept a rim significantly thicker than specs.)
    Again, the die was adjusted 1/4 turn (.017") beyond contact; nothing complicated about that. When the case was sized the die did not make it to the shell holder; meaning there is from little to no chance the case is going to move.

There are very few reloaders that have ever determine how much clearance there is between the deck of the shell holder and case head. The RCBS shell holder has .010" clearance (almost) without exception. All a reloader should have to do is 'back off' the handle, rotate the shell holder until it can be removed from the ram and case at the same time.

One more time: Because of utility RCBS is my favorite, with nothing but a feeler gage I can size cases for short chambers, with a .010" thick feeler gage I can sized cases that are .015 thousands shorter than a go-gage chamber. Again; going the other was I can go to infinity or a more practical .016" longer than a minimum length case from the shoulder to the case head, that would be .002" longer than a field reject length chamber.

Again, Herter Shell holders do not offer the utility of the RCBS shell holder but it does have utility not offered by shell holders that fit like a hand-me down shirts' as in fitting only where they touch.

Now? If your press is in some kind of a bind think about having it checked out.

F. Guffey

8. Default

And then there is cam over: I have three Rock Chuckers, not one of the three cams over meaning the Rock Chucker is not a bump press.

Again: I have 12 Herter presses, 5 different kind, all 12 of my Herter presses cam over, the Herter press is a bump press because they cam over.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Amazing just how little faith a person can have in his comrades.
    Or is it a dem thing where one knows more and better than anyone on the block.
    Sure not a team player, sorry to say.
    pm sent

I don't have a dog in this fight and should stay out of it but see some of the ol' time posters here having more than a little disagreement.

The more technical something gets the more opinions and experiences differ sometimes and what works for some may not work for everyone. Everyone seems to mean well but what one person has to work with may not relate to what another uses or works for him.

Hopefully we won't lose any more members due to finding a toxic environment here. This isn't even the political forum.

Like so many things, we can all do the same job but the path we take to get there may be a little different. Suggestions can be very helpful and appreciated but they aren't meant to be the law of the land.

I like a little humor too and this forum can use more of it as long it isn't insulting. My 2 cents worth.