1. Default Value of Smith Corona 03A3?

An old friend owes me some money and offered instead an 6/43 dated Smith Corona. The barrel is SC marked and seems to match receiver. Overall in 90 percent shape, no import marks with a 4 groove barrel. The stock has no cartouches that I can see. What is something like this worth? TIA

$900

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    $900
    yep,

no cartouches at all?

Quote Originally Posted by P51MUSTANG View Post
    An old friend owes me some money and offered instead an 6/43 dated Smith Corona. The barrel is SC marked and seems to match receiver. Overall in 90 percent shape, no import marks with a 4 groove barrel. The stock has no cartouches that I can see. What is something like this worth? TIA
    My CMP Greek return sounds like it's similar to yours. 6-43 SC bbl, Greek oxide bluing on all parts and no cartouches on the "C" stock so I know that isn't original to the action. The bolt, trigger guard and most small parts are Remington. If it's worth is measured by accuracy, It's a good gun. Sorry I can't give you a price>
    PA250090.jpg
    The high 9 and 8 are 1st and 2nd shots of ten from a cleaned bore at 100 yds.

Positive - 4 groove original barrel, 90% original finish remains.

Negative - missing cartouches.

To be determined - muzzle/throat erosion, headspace, mixed parts and accuracy.

$900 would probably be a good value for a nice, unaltered example. A sanded and refinished stock would reduce the value significantly.

Depending on how much money is involved and on how much you like bolt action military rifles ... that'd be a good deal! My CPM sourced 03 and 03-A3 rifles are all sub 2.0 inch shooters for 10 round groups. Have a Rem. 03-A3 that I got back in 1992. It shoots between 1 - 1.7 inch groups for five shots consistently. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

7. Default

Thx to all who responded.....

A note on missing cartouches - the sticky on this page regarding the Marines rebuilding '03s, it appears they didn't use stocks with cartouches. Don't know if that also applies to 03A3s. (I knew I read it somewhere).