Default No home gunsmithing in NZ

Under their new laws any new parts must be fabricated by a police-licensed gunsmith. So a gun owner cannot even fabricate a new front sight blade.

2. Default

so when do they license files, drill bits, drills, lathes, mills, etc, etc,

Freakin' idiots are everywhere!

If you have a very special and hard to get collectors license or your a museum you can have a semi-auto rifle in New Zeeland. BUT you can not have the bolt in the rifle AND it must be stored in a different location and address. Those that have collectable rifles are being given collector value for them and the magazines. But that doesn't make it feel any better as the people don't want to sell them their rifles to start with but were given no choice in the matter.

5. Default

stupid is as stupid does.....

Many in NZ are filling out the APPLICATIONS to keep deactivated semiautomatics. Nobody knows how many people will get to keep their stuff in display condition only. It’s all at the discretion of the police. The turn in deadline is approaching.

7. Default

There's your Liberal-Leftist Police State for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    If you have a very special and hard to get collectors license or your a museum you can have a semi-auto rifle in New Zeeland. BUT you can not have the bolt in the rifle AND it must be stored in a different location and address. Those that have collectable rifles are being given collector value for them and the magazines. But that doesn't make it feel any better as the people don't want to sell them their rifles to start with but were given no choice in the matter.
    Hard to imagine that that actually happens, but I guess it does. We had a buddy that sold a class III piece to a guy from NZ. He went out on a boat to fire it, but foolishly published the event on the internet(I don't know if Utube was around then). That event ended up with him losing an expensive firearm.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Citizens can say "NO" to disarmament. Subjects are required to say, "As You Wish, Your Lordship".