Default Need Part for Polish TT

Hi,

I have a 1953 Polish TT and a BIG problem. It was imported with an added safety - a cheap one. This is the second time that the tiny ball bearing under the safety lever has gone missing. The gunsmith that replaced the last one is no longer in business. I have the spring - just need the ball bearing. Any help?

Thanks,

Dave

https://www.vxb.com/100-1-8-inch-Dia...p/kit16344.htm

Don't know what size you need, but sounds like if you find the right size, you might want to have a box of them handy. Good luck.

Thanks for the site info. I'll be using the caliper - the one I need is tiny. If no luck, I may fill the holes in the frame somehow and replace the grips. They seem to be available in Poland last time I looked. Doing that, I'd be afraid to ever sell it for fear of getting sued by someone careless. I wonder how many friendly troops were shot by these pistols w/o safeties, or the French MAS bolt action pre wwII rifles.

I was able to buy ball bearings from the link above. 2 mm is the size that works. What a poorly designed add on safety. Everything needs oil and you still have to be careful because the C clip that holds it in is a very tight fit.

Quote Originally Posted by FCPDAVE View Post
    I was able to buy ball bearings from the link above. 2 mm is the size that works. What a poorly designed add on safety. Everything needs oil and you still have to be careful because the C clip that holds it in is a very tight fit.
    Great news!

Is this a carry pistol? It seems to me that if it's just at the range, the safety could be left at home. (No worse than a Marlin 30-30 in that respect.) Anyhow you're hopefully good to go, and now that you have a box full of spare bearings, maybe they'll stop popping out.

Don't trust that safety! It's something the importers slapped on and they are dangerous.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=84467
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.