Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    My polyps turned into cancer unfortunately, so a look see and a snip if necessary. My wife said that all I do is snore and not much else. Procedure is scheduled for a 20 minute nap and then into recovery for about two hours.
    Sam
    Needless to say, hoping and praying you get an all clear this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Needless to say, hoping and praying you get an all clear this time.
    Your prayer for me was answered, scope showed no cancer or anything negative in my system. Another scope in 3 years! Been clear of cancer for 1.5 years!
    Sam

Blog Entries

Good News

Your prayer for me was answered, scope showed no cancer or anything negative in my system. Another scope in 3 years! Been clear of cancer for 1.5 years!
    Sam
    Great !!!

Thanks for the update.

Sam
    Sir, That is great to read.
    Tommy

Re colonoscopy. I have had two of them in the last 4 months. A lesson learned is that the instructions for the liquid laxative says to mix it up and then put the mix in the refrigerator since it supposedly tastes less bad when chilled. Do not do that. I found that in the morning, drinking two litres of cold water caused my body temperature to drop and made me both shiver and have my teeth chatter. I had to wear two sweaters to get warm. Drink it at room temperature. There is not much difference in taste.

Also, I had to drink two litres the evening before the procedure. I noted that it took four hours for the effects to wear off. The instructions were to take the second two litres 4 hours before the procedure and thus, 3 hours before I had to check into the hospital. This was a bit too tight. You don't want to be checking in to the hospital and still be affected by the laxative so give yourself enough time for the effect to wear off. I gave myself 4 hours before checking in, although this meant starting to drink the mix at 4:00 am

Sorry if this is a bit gross but hopefully it will be helpful

Mark, No not gross for those that have this to look forward to. My wife had the procedure done a few years ago and complained about the amount of liquid lax required. She nearly threw it all up a couple of times. I think it is a written law that anything that is needed or beneficial HAS to taste bad.

Good info.

But two in the last 4 months ???

Glad you made out well Sam. Go for mine next month.

My Dr. said when it was clear to stop, I only needed a little less then a quart. So far all my systems check out O.K. for my age and better then my age group.
    Sam

My Dr. said when it was clear to stop, I only needed a little less then a quart. So far all my systems check out O.K. for my age and better then my age group.
    Sam
    Well that's comforting to hear. My wife had to drink 3 o 4 quarts or so. She was just told to drink it all, period.

Glad for the good news on being OK.