1. Default Question On #4 Enfield Bowie Blade Bayonet Value?

I have Two new in wrap bowie blade bayonets for the number 4MK2. They are wrapped in green paper with heavy cosmolene and unissued. There are no scabbards. I bought them about 30 years ago. What are they worth today? TIA......

Blog Entries

some sold (none wrapped) less scabbard from $19 to $50 each(completed auctions)

I would put your at the top of that number
    Last edited by lyman; 10-10-2019 at 04:28.

"...Bowie blade bayonets..." Isn't a Bowie(that's very American) but there are a couple No. 4 Rifle 'Knife' bayonets having blades vs spikes, assorted. A No. 7 Mk 1, with the handle(with just the blade it's a No. 9 bayonet.) and socket that rotates, depending on condition, can run $345 to nearly $400. A Mark 1 cruciform blade spike bayonet in poor condition fetches $165ish. On collectorssource.com and in Canadian dollars. It's really sad when one's toys are your retirement fund. sniff.
    Where the thing was made will change the value too. A South African No. 9 runs about $35US. Pakistan made 'em too.
    http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide..._bayonets.html
    Oh and the Mk 2 used the same bayonets as the Mk I*.
    "...$50 each..." That is an ancient value.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...Bowie blade bayonets..." Isn't a Bowie(that's very American) but there are a couple No. 4 Rifle 'Knife' bayonets having blades vs spikes, assorted. A No. 7 Mk 1, with the handle(with just the blade it's a No. 9 bayonet.) and socket that rotates, depending on condition, can run $345 to nearly $400. A Mark 1 cruciform blade spike bayonet in poor condition fetches $165ish. On collectorssource.com and in Canadian dollars. It's really sad when one's toys are your retirement fund. sniff.
    Where the thing was made will change the value too. A South African No. 9 runs about $35US. Pakistan made 'em too.
    http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide..._bayonets.html
    Oh and the Mk 2 used the same bayonets as the Mk I*.
    "...$50 each..." That is an ancient value.
    ebay.com

advanced search
    Enfield No 9,
    click the sold button,
    hit enter

lots of hits, but none that have no scabbard and still wrapped, in the price range I mentioned,

if we knew who made it, we may be able to get a better or closer value,

"...ebay.com..." Is owned by people who fund the people who want to take your firearms away from you. Every sale or purchase made there give money directly to the likes of The Brandy Bunch.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...ebay.com..." Is owned by people who fund the people who want to take your firearms away from you. Every sale or purchase made there give money directly to the likes of The Brandy Bunch.
    true, but the also are a good venue to sell (very large audience vs some other sites), sometimes buy, and check retails,