Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Once again the US betrays the Kurds

Yeah, just like the last three times. This time it was against the advice of the military, State Department and the "intelligence community." The Kurds say they will fight. What they always do ... I remember reading articles about them win American Rifleman when I was a kid. Two Migs shot down by ground fire, apparently from Martini-Henrys and Enfields, They were fighting the Russians for us back then. Then we hung them out to dry.

I forget what the next one was all about, but after they were no longer useful we moved on and the enemy moved in.

They helped us during the first Gulf War, then we let Saddam Hussein have his way with them. He used nerve gas that time.

So the President gets a phone call from Erogan and decides, just like that, to pull out the American "advisors" and "observers" that meant an attack on the Kurds was an attack on US troops. That was yesterday. The Turkish army is moving in today with armor, artillery and air support.

Read it and weep https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49983357

Anyone want to bet on the figting spreading into northern Iraq?

jn

The Kurds are basically tribal. They have no country of their own. They've been fighting the Turks and Iraqi's to get one for years.
    "...the U.S. betrays the..." Wouldn't be the first time an indigenous ally has been left alone. The Montagnard were abandoned too.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Trump is now an accessory to international genocide.

And for what?

I also wonder what other withdrawals are on the short list. ROK? Northern Europe?

So, are the Kurds slow?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

You fellows seemingly do not remember your dem pals, notably Ted Kennedy, when he led the effort to cut off all military aid to South Vietnam. You don't have any problem dropping the Montagards, who were faithful and true, simply because it suited dem politics. The only reason that you are against pulling support from the Kurds. is that Trump did it. Dems have proven over the years, that they will drop any person or group when it suits their agenda. Obama single-handed the start if ISIS when he backed out of Iraq, leaving a power vacuum that inflated the Caliphate.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    So, are the Kurds slow?
    They live there. Where are they supposed to go? Last time I checked our quotas for refugees are way down.

"...They live there..." They roam around Eastern Turkey, Northern Syria and Iraq. The Turks are busy bombing the Kurds who live in Syria. All 1.7 million of 'em.
    Genocide, kind of like how the U.S. dealt with the North American native tribes in the 19th Century.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    You fellows seemingly do not remember your dem pals, notably Ted Kennedy, when he led the effort to cut off all military aid to South Vietnam. You don't have any problem dropping the Montagards, who were faithful and true, simply because it suited dem politics. The only reason that you are against pulling support from the Kurds. is that Trump did it. Dems have proven over the years, that they will drop any person or group when it suits their agenda. Obama single-handed the start if ISIS when he backed out of Iraq, leaving a power vacuum that inflated the Caliphate.
    We did OK by some of the "Montagnards", especially the Hmong who fought for us under the warlord Vang Pao. The Vietnamese hill tribes didn't get the same deal. I imagine some individuals and families made it out others crossed over into Laos or Cambodia. The Nung were a Thai people and could have faded into Lao, Thai or Shan communities pretty easily.

Hmong are a pretty strong community in California central valley, and in Minnesota. They like to hunt.

When it comes top ratf******g allies, it's an equal opportunity game for both parties. Reason I'm bent about the Kurds is because it is happening right now, on my watch.

jn

The real question is should we have been there in the first place? I do not support the deployment of our sons and daughters for an never ending mission in an area that we have no real concern. If I remember the mission was to kill ISIS. Now it turns out the Kurds have 11,000 of those bastards in prisons. Why aren't they all dead? Are they a bargaining chip? I'm already reading comments of oh no they might get away and start trouble again. 11,000 people can cause a lot of problems.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy