Default WTS: Beautiful very late Remington M1903 - SPF

Sold, pending arrival of funds

Offered for sale is a beautiful “showcase” very late Remington M1903 that I collected a few years ago. It is one of the last examples built before production changed over to the Remington M1903A3. The serial number is 3363490

The stock is in beautiful shape. It does have the “notches” for a 03A3, but a number of later M1903A3 parts were used on the last M1903s. A few of the markings are still present.

The barrel is a rare 1-43 Remington M1903 (NOT M1903A3). Note the small screw at the front of the front sight.

The receiver has the “notches” often seen on Remington M1903 receivers after 3,290,000, which indicate the receiver may have started out as a M1903A3. Targeting difficulties on the new sight may have made Remington complete these receivers as M1903s.

The bolt is a correct R42 and the handguard is the modified high hump, seen on Remington M1903s.

The buttplate is a M1903A3 as is the stamped lower band – again, both correct for very late Remington M1903s.

A beautiful original Remington rear sight:

The bore is immaculate – a 1.5 ME and TE, as is the rest of the rifle.
    Hate to let this one go, but I need to thin the herd! 😊

Price is $1300 plus shipping via USPS Priority Mail to a C&R or FFL. Payment should be by USPS money order or other certified means.

You can contact me via this forum or at rrsblsATmsn.com - This rifle is for sale on other forums; the first “I’ll take it”, is the buyer. I go by the date/time of the email or PM.
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 10-08-2019 at 05:21.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis