Thread: Follower arms

Default Follower arms

Some time back there was a discussion regarding the proper follower arm for a 200k rifle. Seems to me the direction went to a flat back arm for this range. Am I remembering correctly or is the later style proper. I have 233546 which came with the later style. The rifle was mostly correct including flush nut sight, just want to replace whatever small parts need replacing. Also, op rod catch, early type with "o" accelerator or no

Your 233546 should have the later follower arm like the Lend Lease rifles, operating rod catch is also late and without any finish or markings - like the
    Lend Lease rifles

Thank you Sir

I found some additional information which also might help you

I have some incomplete data on s/n 290023 which was sold in May 2015. Receiver RE 2 -9SA no anneal. Stock faint SA GHS large
    wheel. Trigger guard C-46025-1-SA, trigger housing rev 5 hammer rev 2, safety -6 no extra hole.

Bolt revision 2 RE 1, barrel S-A 6-41 no chrome, follower revision 4 bullet guide B8875-1SA

During this time period you could expect parts and drawing numbers to overlap

Thank you again. Receiver on mine is R E P 9 N (all look to be individually stamped) and D-28291-3 S A. Heal of receiver appears to be lead dipped. Op rod is unmoded -3. Bolt -2 with J9A heat lot. Round firing pin. Rear sight is flush nut with checkered elevation knob/knurled Windage. Bullet guide is milled -1SA. Short fork. Rounded clip latch. Unmarked "high hat" follower. Milled/grooved hand guard clip. Milled arched lower band/solid pin. Narrow base -sight has screw cover. Gas cylinder marked D-35449-SA. Single slot gas lock screw. -2 TH. C-46025-1 TG. Winged plunger, -2 hammer, -6 safety-no hole. No markings on stock but it is a long channel with angled clip latch cut out. There is a stylized "T" in the barrel channel. Ferrule appears to be no hole. Barrel is S-A-1-41 (upside down), chamber is in the white

Default early 1941 rifles

The "high hat" follower was used by Springfield before the summer of 1940 and Winchester used them
    thoughout the war. I have a nice S-A 1-41 barrel (no chrome) in my 216xxx rifle which has had some
    restoration over the years.dscn2762.jpgdscn2758.jpgdscn2757.jpgdscn2780.jpgdscn2784.jpg

Mine came as I described. Bought it at an auction about 4-5 months ago. Gas port area is not chromed on this one either.
    Last edited by the_1st_sgt; 10-08-2019 at 07:57. Reason: Forgot to add