Thread: QHMC Carbine

1. Default QHMC Carbine

Got a QHMC carbine that I'm looking to sell. It has all the properties of a post war rebuild, adj. sight, bayo lug, mix of manufacturers parts. All WW2 parts. Don't have a list here with me but I know it has all the properly marked parts. During my musings of inspecting and handling, I noticed the stock has a very "fat" feel in the grip area. There are no markings in the sling cutout and it does not have the pot belly shape. Almost flat like would be a WRA but is not walnut and not marked with acceptance stamp either. My question is, what type wood would this have been, beech or birch? It does not have the walnut look and is a lighter brown.
    Also has a light import stamp on the side of the barrel. Is not deeply struck like the Blue Sky but can't think what it is right now. Rifle is at the shop.
    I have been asking $900 for it. Shoots really well. Is that about the going price for these now. It changes so fast I have a hard time keeping track. I know, pics would be nice, but don't have it here and sure not gonna wake the wife to do it. She has the smart phone.
    Thanks for info.

Is the name on the barrel possibly Arlington? IIRC they imported some rifles. For a nice shooter I think $900 would be fair. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

SAMCO also imported a large batch of Carbines, and I have seen a few with Century marks as well,

$900 is not out of line for a Quality Carbine, at least not in this area (Mid Atlantic)

4. Default

Import stamp is Exel/Gardner Ma. Any idea what the wood is? Has a rough grain to it but feels good.

Blog Entries

probably Birch,

a pic, in sunlight, would help

Korean wood some call Foo wood. Excel managed to get some of the better grade Korean imports. But $900 may be a bit on the high side. The better the condition the better value.
    Last edited by Tuna; 10-01-2019 at 06:58.