Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Looking for Rockola M1 Carbine Barrel....

As title says looking for an original Rockola barrel, let me know what you have, TIA!

3. Default

Bump...….

I looked through the auctions sites (just like you have) including ebay. Sellers like Bill Ricca appear to be out of business. In short, I see why you are asking for a Rock-ola barrel.

If you need just the barrel and don't find one you may consider buying the whole rifle. GB has several right now. You could swap out the parts you need from your "project" and sell the excess parts plus you wouldn't have to install and headspace the barrel. The way things are looking if one does appear on an auction site you will have competition with other buyers.

Rock-ola dated barrels till 6-43 (or 9-43 Help !!!) then they were just stamped Rock-ola with no date so that would be another obstacle in your search vs buying a complete rifle which will probably already be correct.

Good luck with your search.

https://m1family.com/a-little-histor...bines-t16.html
    Last edited by Allen; 10-10-2019 at 04:26.

Blog Entries

Mr Ricca is apparently in poor health

found a thread from earlier this year saying he was gonna sell the business

6. Default

Allen, Thanks for looking. I have a 1.757 mil receiver that I am trying to build up. What do you think would be a proper barrel and Oct/Nov 43 dated or just RockOla marked? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by P51MUSTANG View Post
    Allen, Thanks for looking. I have a 1.757 mil receiver that I am trying to build up. What do you think would be a proper barrel and Oct/Nov 43 dated or just RockOla marked? TIA
    My book post 6-43 as the end of the dated barrels then contradicts itself showing 9-43. If either is correct then the undated barrel is what you need.

I believe Tuna is the carbine guy on this forum. He has better knowledge of them than me and obviously better books.

If you are short a bunch of parts you may want to purchase one or more reference books on the M1 carbine so you don't end up buying a lot of Rock-Ola parts that may be genuine but not correct (collector wise) for your gun.
    Last edited by Allen; 10-10-2019 at 05:21.

8. Default

Thanks for the good advice!

6-43 was the last dated Rock-Ola barrels. A non dated barrel would be right for your serial number.

10. Default

Quick follow up.....What would be a correct stock for my serial number? An I cut RMC or plain oval cut RMC? Thanks.....