Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I send everything with a tracking number. if there is a check inside that mail or if it is important.
    That seems to insure it's arrival.
    I consider the extra money spent to being "the cost of doing business".

Most banks, even the smaller ones, have some form of internet banking and electronic bill pay. Usually free because it's cheaper for the banks than cashing a check. If someone can get online here they can get online to their accounts and see daily activity such as cleared checks.
    Last edited by togor; 09-30-2019 at 02:33.

What the "H" is wrong with U.S.P.S.?

It's run by the government!!

Part of the problem is the idea to make delivery more efficient by putting "gang boxes" at the end of the street. When I worked in maintenance one of the jobs entailed going out with the truck every morning and repairing the mail boxes that had been broken into. The cluster boxes are forever, that's never going to change. I hope they make them tougher. I used to wonder how these creeps could just wander around at night breaking into mailboxes but no one ever seemed to see them. This was a relatively small community.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    What the "H" is wrong with U.S.P.S.?

It's run by the government!!
    So is the army?

You obviously have an internet connection so why aren't you paying your bills online??? then maybe they will have to lay off some of the SLUGS that are mis handling and losing your mail!
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post
    You obviously have an internet connection so why aren't you paying your bills online??? then maybe they will have to lay off some of the SLUGS that are mis handling and losing your mail!
    What I have found is that the local USPS carriers may lose or place mail in the wrong box but the bulk of the damage comes from commercial airlines that carry mail and packages from state to state. Unlike UPS and FedEx the post office does not have their own planes. Again, no accountability.

We've all been at airports and seen the mail get placed in the hold with the passengers luggage on commercial flights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    What I have found is that the local USPS carriers may lose or place mail in the wrong box but the bulk of the damage comes from commercial airlines that carry mail and packages from state to state. Unlike UPS and FedEx the post office does not have their own planes. Again, no accountability.

We've all been at airports and seen the mail get placed in the hold with the passengers luggage on commercial flights.
    Priority used to be contracted thru FedEx, as far as shipping via air and some land,

not sure if they still have the contract/partnership or not,

I think the post office contracts most if not all long distance ground transportation as well, (where most hub to local post office may be USPS vehicles)