Thread: Bubba'd Type 99 chambering

Hybrid View

1. Default

Your friend needs to look closer at the stamp. Mine is stamped 3006. It was rechambered to 30-06. It shoots great with .311 Sierra 180gr RN. and I can use the magazine with this bullet.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    Your friend needs to look closer at the stamp. Mine is stamped 3006. It was rechambered to 30-06. It shoots great with .311 Sierra 180gr RN. and I can use the magazine with this bullet.
    I've seen (and sold) a couple that were marked the same way,

left side shank of the barrel,

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    From another forum when I made the same post:
    "Very common post war caliber to convert to. The neck/shoulder of the case is damn near identical to 7.7 Japanese. The .300 savage is just a shorter case. They removed the barrel turned off a few threads then screwed it back on. Very little chamber work was actually needed. You can easily spot one because the barrel shoulder is way narrower where it screws onto the front of the receiver. I'd say it would be very mild to shoot."

Here is a picture of the marking on the barrel. No mistake, it is 300, note the index marks which indicates to me the procedure described above is likely what was done. The barrel shoulder is as described as well.

DSCN9830.jpg