Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just yesterday the supreme court temporarily derailed the judge.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

It has been a long time since the NRA was an organization for shooters and hunters. I don't think they are a terrorist organization, that's claptrap. What they have become is an arm of the Republican Party, and their upper management is living in high style off member dues. Gu8n ranges around her (portland, where I moved about 6 years ago) all require you join the NRA to be a member. Can't imagine why!!! NRA is making that a requirement if you want NRA sanction and access to programs.

I was raised in a Union household and to this day I will not cross a picket line. When NRA disengages from the union-busting & anti-labor political party I'll be glad to join up and get on a local rifle range. Until then ...

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    It has been a long time since the NRA was an organization for shooters and hunters. I don't think they are a terrorist organization, that's claptrap. What they have become is an arm of the Republican Party, and their upper management is living in high style off member dues. Gu8n ranges around her (portland, where I moved about 6 years ago) all require you join the NRA to be a member. Can't imagine why!!! NRA is making that a requirement if you want NRA sanction and access to programs.

I was raised in a Union household and to this day I will not cross a picket line. When NRA disengages from the union-busting & anti-labor political party I'll be glad to join up and get on a local rifle range. Until then ...

jn

That's alright, we NRA members are used to the freeloaders that benefit from our membership dues. Our money provides funding to fight anti-gun legislation for all Americans. We just do the heavy lifting for you; rather like men doing the heavy lifting for women in the military or in law enforcement. There will always be some Americans more dedicated to freedom than others. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It's OK, don't worry about it!!!
    Last edited by Dolt; 09-16-2019 at 10:38.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Is The San Francisco Board of Supervisors an elected body or a bunch of unelected civil servants flapping their gums? Just curious.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Is The San Francisco Board of Supervisors an elected body or a bunch of unelected civil servants flapping their gums? Just curious.
    I don't know but seeing what has become of SF I sure wouldn't want to admit I were any kind of supervisor there.

The only difference between the labor unions and the NRA, is the fact that no one is forced by a law, or the lack of a law, to join the NRA. And I don't believe that the NRA has any convicted felons on their board.

Mr Howard, please explain to me at 20 yrs of age how I was forced to join sheet metal local 39 ct, best thing I ever did. Worker my ass off and retired after 35 yrs and quite happy here in sc.

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    Mr Howard, please explain to me at 20 yrs of age how I was forced to join sheet metal local 39 ct, best thing I ever did. Worker my ass off and retired after 35 yrs and quite happy here in sc.
    I'm not Mr. Howard and I'm not saying you're wrong because you were there and saw what you did. However, I worked at a place too that had a voluntary union. Those that didn't join had constant pressure to join and when the union bunch would try to negotiate better terms (usually when the economy was in the tank already where increased benefits were out) they would go on strike and picket those who weren't even involved like the engineers. Many cars got keyed or gouged by screwdrivers as they passed through (low class UAW).

Those that were on strike had to picket in order to get paid by the UAW which back then was only $100 a week or about 1/5--1/4 their normal pay. One strike in particular lasted about 11 months so where did that get the union workers? There wasn't much reason to join and all the reasons to not join.

I wasn't very impressed with them and luckily found a better job.

Blog Entries

I managed grocery stores for 2 companies,

Va is a Right To Work state, so any Union is volunteer membership,

so,

first company had a standing rule, we (hourly) could join a union if we wanted, but as soon as we did that store would close,
    or division,

good company to work for, very fair group of management (up until the end)
    no doubt they would have done so, and if the union had got ahold, then they would have gone belly up long before,

2nd Company is Union, UFCW local 400 in this area,

not sure what is up with them but they would shoot themselves in the foot with corporate more often than not,
    local union reps and stewards were a bunch of morons, as were a good portion of the higher ups,

the bread and butter members were pretty thick in some stores, hardly any in others

most realized that the union was weak, benefits were good, but better at other non union companies, and then the stewards, and reps started patrolling around in new union jackets, new union goodies to hand out (trinkets like note pads, pens, that type of BS) and the local reps would be bragging about the new car they got each year because they were on the road so much,,,

of course the company bent the rules so they could wear the jackets etc to be the proud stewart etc,

funny thing is, we management folks new the contract better than the stewards, and union folks, so we rarely lost a greivence,

several stores were open union free, and that will likely move to others over time,,

so folks making low wages giving up 10-11% for nothing (bought those nice jackets,,, and the rep a car)

contrary to a trade labor union,

my brother , a die hard IBEW guy, keeps paying his dues (has not been in that trade in 15 yrs or so,)so he can get the excellent retirement benny's

he was with CWA (communication workers union) but the are almost as sorry as the UFCW so he dropped out, (but will still get good benny's and some retirement as well)

-Gu8n ranges around her (portland, where I moved about 6 years ago) all require you join the NRA to be a member.-
    "we have ways of making you talk" Well, that's Portland. I live in Arizona. It's not free range anymore either. Since I adhere to the rules, I can't concienable(sp,that's my attempt) shoot in the desert when I'm not supposed to. But no one tells me what to join. I'd think SeaTac and Portland would be more rainy than AZ. Gu8n, I tried but can't figure out. Great in.
    Last edited by dryheat; 09-21-2019 at 11:36. Reason: no one
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.