Default 18 Years Ago Tonight

I live close to Bush Intercontinental Airport outside of Houston and its a routine thing to watch the airliners as they climb to cruising altitude which is ok for an AF, guy but this night was different. I stood outside trying to get a handle on the days events. I had left active duty eight years earlier and here we were, our nation had been attacked and I was pissed. I had sat down with my young daughters and explained to them what happed and that men like their dad would make it right and keep them safe from harm. So there I was standing outside looking up at the sky which was empty and silent and then I heard it. I heard the sound of a F16 flying CAP over Houston. It was the sound I heard many times in Alaska, it was the sound of freedom. I smiled knowing that soon my brothers and sisters would be hunting down and killing those who attacked us.

18 years later we are still hunting down those who would like nothing better then to kill us and our families. Many men and women have answered the call to defend us, over 5,000 have been killed and many thousands wounded. Yesterday I saw two companies of young men and women receive their EGA's. They looked strong and ready to continue this fight.

May God be with our warriors
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

2. Default

Thanks for creating such a beautiful read.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    18 years later we are still hunting down those who would like nothing better then to kill us and our families.
    Pretty much represents the democrat party of today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Pretty much represents the democrat party of today.
    No.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    No.

Blog Entries

(-1)(-1) = 1
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    (-1)(-1) = 1
    Perhaps you're right. The democrats of today are far worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksimonton View Post
    Thanks for creating such a beautiful read.
    Agree. The events of 9/11 inspired many to join the military. Very strange to think that many of the graduates of basic training today, are still fighting in the same areas that fathers served before. It's a privilege to serve in the military, and a greater privilege to continue that support years after serving.

Nothing like the sight and sound of afterburner during night sorties.