Default WTS: Rock Island M1903

Rifle is sold pending arrival of funds

For sale is a complete "transitional" Rock Island from early 1918, #278,759. It is one of the "transitional M1903s made when the new steel "heat treatment was being introduced. For much of World War I, Rock Island produced "sets of parts" rather than complete rifles and this is a good example.

The receiver appears to be parkerized, as was introduced at Rock Island during 1918. It has a May, 1918 barrel, which I believe to be original. The stock is a Rock Island of the period, having both the "RI" on the fore-end and a correct Otto H. Armstrong inspection stamp(OHA/1918). The stock is worn and has only a few very minor dings. It has a beautiful finish and has a matching high hump handguard. The stock is only marred by two careful repairs (pictured) at the rear tang and just below the rear sight.

The other parts all appear to be Rock Island. The bolt is a R10, which was manufactured at Rock Island. The rifle would be a beautiful example of a WWI Rock Island. The MW is a 2.

I'm looking to get $850 plus shipping an handling. Payment can be by USPS money order. Shipping would include USPS Priority Mail insured. I can ship to a Curio and Relic holder or a FFL. Please make sure your local and state laws allow you to buy and own this rifle.

You can contact me through this forum or at --rrsbls@msn.com

Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 08-19-2019 at 12:12.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

2. Default

Upside down firing proof! Never seen that before. Nice rifle .

It's an absolutely magnificent 1903!
    Wow. It kinda makes me want to own one again.