Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    I've always wondered out of the idlest of curiosity who kept Jane Fonda from being charged with treason....
    Treason is an unusual crime in this country. It's elements are actually spelled out in the constitution (Article 3.) It is difficult to charge and even more difficult to prove. In fact the standard of proof is even higher than "beyond a reasonable doubt;" for example, circumstantial evidence is inadmissible in a trial for Treason. The difficulty of actually proving Treason is the reason most traitors are tried for other crimes; the Rosenbergs for example were not convicted of treason but rather espionage. Of the relatively small number of people charged with Treason since the founding of the Republic (less than 50 - nearly half of whom were charged in "The Whiskey Rebellion") a surprisingly high number were either acquitted, granted clemencies or had their convictions overturned on appeal.
    Last edited by Art; 08-23-2019 at 01:15.

I don't know what the rules are but when you pose for numerous pictures with the enemy along side their anti-aircraft guns wearing one of their helmets, chat protest speeches with John Kerry against the war and America and cause U.S. soldiers in NV prisons to be beaten, starved and probably killed I don't know what else would qualify short of blowing up the WH or Capitol building.

She was over there for 2 weeks. She made her loyalty crystal clear plus causing hardships on our soldiers. She should have NEVER been allowed back on U.S. soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I don't know what the rules are but when you pose for numerous pictures with the enemy along side their anti-aircraft guns wearing one of their helmets, chat protest speeches with John Kerry against the war and America and cause U.S. soldiers in NV prisons to be beaten, starved and probably killed I don't know what else would qualify short of blowing up the WH or Capitol building.
    There has to be a state of war.

The person charged either has to bear arms with the enemies of The United States or give them aid and comfort.

So far so good.

Now you come to the problem in Fonda's case. The only admissible evidence in a treason case is (1) the eyewitness testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or (2) a confession in open court. Short of that....no conviction. So two people who were actually there when Fonda committed Treason would have to testify in court in the United States. I suppose you could try to use the video evidence but that would be extremely "iffy," especially since broadcast evidence ultimately failed against "Tokyo Rose." It didn't help in "Tokyo Rose's" case that the government suborned perjury against her either but that's another story. Lets just say it isn't easy which is why few people have been charged and only a small handful of them have ever paid a real penalty.
    Last edited by Art; 08-23-2019 at 01:44.

In Fonda's case there were plenty of photo's as I mentioned. She was in the nightly news. She was surrounded by witnesses plus any who would survive the prisons. Corruption has been with the media and government for a long time. That's why we have the 2nd.

Tokyo Rose was just a voice of propaganda like the xxxxxxx here.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=close

Hey Vern, I'll go with you but I'll be driving a tanker truck of urine. They will have to bury her in a unmarked grave!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I don't worry about these folks.
    GOD will judge them. We will all "get our turn" !