Default Re-Man Hornady 75g .223 from 2005

there was a guy who sent out mailers in 2005 after the National Rifle Matches at Camp Perry, from New Jersey who went by the name of Major Stuph (Stufph). i think his first name was Don, and he was a retired NJ State Policeman...

he contacted with Hornady to make some reman .223 ammo using the H75g BTHP match bullet, in once fired LC cases and what i determined to be 23.8g of Hodgdon Varget...

this sold for $210 a case of 1,000 ($220 west of the Mississippi). I bought 3 cases total and split 2 of them with a couple of other shooters...

does anyone remember who this guy is/was? i dont use Google but my other search engine results come up empty looking for Major Stufph...

I believe he was selling 75g police practice ammo years ago. He later had the 75g loaded in Australian Berdine cases. Then Hornady started selling the steel-cased practice ammo. Everything he sold was Hornady production.

the first couple of years he had once fired LC. then it all started to dry up around '08. thats when he switched over to the Australian cases...

ive still got several of the boxes the ammo came in. plain white with a hornady sticker on the end...

That is him. Shot several high power matches with him at Cumberland rifleman in NJ

Blog Entries

I was shooting then (2005) and remember hearing good stuff about some of his ammo,

wanna say he was having some made and imported (S&B or similar with Hornady Match bullets)
    but between my memory, and ready line rumors, don't quote me on that