Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default The more the stamps, the less the value?

Hello: I purchased a Remington 03A3 rifle. The price seemed right from what I have studied from this forum and sales from internet sights. This rifle has the following stamps, FJA, crossed canons, RIA FK, and RIA EB. It also has a P in a circle, a small w behind the trigger, the no.3 in a square, no. 5 in a diamond. No.4 in a triangle. And no.12 in a circle. The rifle is in NRA very good to excellent shape. My question is do all these stamps add or subtract from its value? Or does the overall condition trump all the stampings? The bore is excellent. I am looking forward to shooting my new purchas,e.
    Thanks in advance, kc

Welcome to the forums, kc. Other things being equal, legitimate stampings add to the value of the stock. I don't have my reference books handy at the moment to discuss those you've described. Sounds like a nice rifle. Enjoy!
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

3. Default

Last edited by King carp; 07-20-2019 at 06:51.

4. Default

Pic.20190720_194814.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Picture20190720_194827.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Photo20190720_194753.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20190720_194836.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

The answer is that the rifle having been through a rebuild does negatively impact the value of the rifle and rebuild stamps on a stock reduce its value as well. The FJA is an original manufacturers stamping. The RIA/FK and RIA/EB are rebuild marks.

6. Default

Thanks for the reply. If one rifle was never rebuilt and one like mine with two rebuilds of the same condition what percentage of value would you knock off on mine? Say the never rebuilt one was 1000 dollars. I am asking to see if I made a good purchase or not. I paid $500.00 for my rifle and thought it was a good deal. It came with 60 rounds of ammo. I must admit this was an impulse buy. I am more knowledgeable with krag rifles. This rifle just seemed like a good buy.
    Thank you for the help on this
    Last edited by King carp; 07-21-2019 at 08:59.

You got an excellent deal I would expect yours to go for around $7-800 hundred.

8. Default

Thank you for the information. That is great news. I think this rifle is a keeper. It's nice to know it is worth more than I paid for it. I know I should research before buying but I do not think the rifle would be there if I waited. I took chance and got lucky. I look forward to seeing how it shoots. The 60 rounds of ammo that came with it is in bandoleer and marked FA 37. Does anyone know if it is corrosive primed? This will give me a heads up on proper cleaning.
    Thanks again for the info, kc
    Last edited by King carp; 07-21-2019 at 09:10.

Yes....the FA 37 is definitely CORROSIVE. Check for any deterioration such as cracked necks before shooting.

10. Default

Thanks, will do.