Default Front sight height adjustment help

At 25yd I am 2" above POA. I would like to lower the strike so POA/POI are the same at 25yd.

Current front sight is .015. Can someone good at math advise which height front sight would lower my bullet strike 2" at 25yd.

TIA
    Russ

Before you make changes to the blade, try using the adjustable sight on its lowest possible setting. It works best for me for the close targets out to 100 yards. I believe the fixed sight is zeroed for 600 yards.

Ladder was up, setting was on 300. 2" above POA @ 25yd. Wanted to get this rifle shooting just like my other 1917 which shoots POA/POI at 25yd using ladder up 300 setting.

300 is the distance setting in yards. It sounds like the rifle that’s shooting accurately at 25 yards with the ladder sight on 300 yards could have a damaged rear sight.
    Last edited by Merc; 07-20-2019 at 06:41.

0EF87E93-F881-4DB1-8C0A-149D2897E9A4.jpg

I probably should say that we are shooting 100 year old rifles and all may perform differently to some degree.

I did some shooting last night at a 100 yard target with my ‘17’s ladder sight in the lowest possible position (bottomed out) and all 6 bullets that I fired were on target. I tried firing a few bullets with the ladder detent moved up to the first notch which is the 200 yard setting and, predictably, they were all high and off target. I belong to 2 gun clubs and neither one has a 200 yard range so I don’t know how accurately the rifle shoots at that distance.

The vertical grouping might be better if I could improve my control over the recoil. I’m using my Caldwell Lead Sled without any ballast weight which I might address during my next trip to Cabelas.

The ammo used last night was Hornaday 150 gr FMJBT. I will be reloading the cases with PPU M2 150 gr FMJFB to see how they do.
    Last edited by Merc; 07-23-2019 at 03:16.

Same question he asked on CMP.

My take, 25 yards and a Gnats leg on top of the sight will throw you off an inch.

Shoot it as 50 or 100 yards and see what it does and slide the sight down if you have to.