Default redfield 3x9 accu-range

Is there a listing with the date codes and ser no of the early scopes, I can't find any info?

thanks kurt

If you have Senich's book "One Round War', there is a section that covers the redfield scopes. The 3x9 was first produced in 1962. The first acu-ranges were made in 1966. Some of the green scopes with a serial number starting with an "F" were built in late 1966 to early 1967,that's all I could find on the internet
    Last edited by paul v; 07-18-2019 at 02:56.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

3. Default

The Redfield Accu-Range scopes did not hold up well in RVN's humid climate. The range scale stickers peeled off, if my memory serves me correctly. I had a friend in Optics at Camp Books. He said the scopes were shipped to Naha for repair, which was odd since they were an Echelon 3 or 4 facility.

Does anyone remember the Scout Sniper score board at Freedom Hill?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by paul v View Post
    If you have Senich's book "One Round War', there is a section that covers the redfield scopes. The 3x9 was first produced in 1962. The first acu-ranges were made in 1966. Some of the green scopes with a serial number starting with an "F" were built in late 1966 to early 1967,that's all I could find on the internet

I agree with Paul. Of the six or seven I have seen all were F prefix. In country some of the guys used strips of rubber inner tube for lens covers. I am amzed by the vaiance of color between scopes over time. Use and ultra violet light can change them dramatically.

I had one on a Ruger No.1 rifle circa 1972. It went back to Redfield in exchange for a replacement. New one wasn't good either!.

6. Default Pic

View Through Scope.jpg

For those unfamiliar with this scope, this is the view you got. Pic taken in RVN. The range numbers are actually a decal that tended to peel away under the extreme heat and humidity. This one was still intact.
    Last edited by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle; 11-05-2022 at 06:47.

I have two that I picked up at a gun show in Canada last year, One needs slight repair as the knob for the magnification ring is missing. Paid about 100 bucks apiece for them. Got lucky, but then not much interest in those old scopes up there.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!