Default Doubling down on gun control in NZ

My buddy in NZ says the police want to ban all “military calibers” which would mean no collectible classic Mausers, Enfields, 03s etc, also they want to ban hollow point and soft point hunting ammo because of wounding potential, “Madness” as he says... in a deer hunting nation. No 7.62 for international prone.... The action shooters were hoping they would be allowed the UK style castrated ARs with no gas system, operated as straight pulls.... but the police have firmly saud no as they are afraid they will me converted to semi. The net effect is to try to make doing anything with firearms in NZ more difficult and eventually impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Again apologies for mis spells cannot figure out editing on my phone...

- - - Updated - - -

Again apologies for mis spells cannot figure out editing on my phone...

"...they are afraid they will be converted to semi..." Stupid idiots. Any criminal would convert to FA, not semi. This is typical of most PD management though. Get one useless law passed and they invariably want more.
    Spelling and grammar count!

This happens when a govt is afraid of the general population.

At this URL there is a link to a PDF of buyback arms and a price list. It is a pretty extensive list, but some of the prices don't look too bad, even at the 3:2 ratio of NZD to USD. Sad to think of some fine collectable autoloaders being destroyed.

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/fi...bited-firearms

A simple example of citizen vs. subject. The NZ gov does not like the peasants taking it's deer.