Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Selling special Krag Carbine.

100_2408.jpg100_2408.jpgI believe the official name for this gun is "U.S. CArbine Model of 1899 Altered for Knife Bayonet and Gunsling"? Got that from some books and talking to some Krag Experts.
    Gun is in very good condition. HAs correct cartouch and sling and cleaning rods in butt stock
    I can send photos on request.
    Asking $1400 plus shipping.

This is happening way too soon for me. My wife just had a big surgery and some things are going to have to go.
    724-235-1140 Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Brad; 07-05-2019 at 08:02.

Sorry guys, I mistakenly added the same photo twice and cannot get it removed.? My apologies.

Brad - What configuration is this model 1899 in? School rifle?

I believe that is what it is also called. A school Gun / Carbine, Model 1899 modified for for use with knife bayonet and gun sling. Book says just 3,371 carbines converted. HAs muzzle turned to accept bayonet also.
    It appears correct and complete.
    Thanks

5. Default

Can you give a little more history and post more pictures please.

What rear sight is on this carbine?

Thanks! Good luck with the sale.
    Last edited by Whig; 07-05-2019 at 11:40.

I will try and post more pics. Not too good at this computer stuff.
    The sight is a C marked type 99 I believe correct100_2398.jpg100_2403.jpg

7. Default

Hi, how is the barrel and how does it shoot?

I have never fired it. As for the bore, I only have a flashlite right now and can't see real well. I can see all the rifling and no pitting, but it does look dark? Not bright and shiny. I need a bore lite to really tell. I have some ammo and could shoot it. But what would that prove other than it will fire?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I have some ammo and could shoot it. But what would that prove other than it will fire?
    Nothing.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I have never fired it. As for the bore, I only have a flashlite right now and can't see real well. I can see all the rifling and no pitting, but it does look dark? Not bright and shiny. I need a bore lite to really tell. I have some ammo and could shoot it. But what would that prove other than it will fire?
    Hi, sorry I asked