1. Default Anyone have anything to offer on this?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/819573784

This is a beautiful gun but with an oddball choke device.
    The seller confirms the barrel is CYL marked
    I have requested any documentation that the choke is factory installed.

Blog Entries

seems odd it would have that choke on a riot gun, and if it was a factory job, seems it would be marked on the box,

but factory errors have happened with just about every maker, so there is a chance it may be legit,

wondering if the good folks over at the Remington society could help?

3. Default

There is a picture of a tag for the choke. I asked him for a closeup. I am not seeing that as documentation that the factory did it unless it is a Remington tag.
    The barrel is CYL marked which is a clue that it was not made with an add on choke.

4. Default

Agree with all of the above. On the barrel marking though, doesn't CYL mean no choke at all? If so, I guess I can see why a civilian would want the choke for hunting, but I can't see any military basis for adding a choke at the factory. And if it's factory, why not say so on the box.

Finally, there appears to be a slight misfit of the butt plate to the stock in the picture viewing the stock from the right rear. Image 17. My early war Model 11 with the game scene has a perfect butt plate to stock fit. Did Remington continue that level of finish throughout or would the slight misfit make sense in 1943?

Blog Entries

Is it a choke or a compensator, as in an early type muzzle brake?

6. Default

Sold for $3800
    Unreal
    I personally doubt that choke was factory