Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

Default Vietnam bring-back Chinese Type 56 SKS rifle

Vietnam bring-back Chinese SKS rifle.

This is the version with the spike bayonet. Triangle/26 marked and made in early 1969 according to the serial number, so it is C&R.

I've owned this rifle since late 1970 - it was brought back in 1970 by someone in the 1st Cavalry (Airmobile) Division, who I got it from.

It has it's original 1970 dated Chinese sling, and the cleaning kit is still in the buttstock.

Like most of the Vietnam bring-back Chinese SKS rifles I've seen or owned over the years, the glossy factory finish on the stock has been lightly scraped off. This was probably done either to make the rifle less slippery when wet or held with wet hands, or to make it less reflective..or maybe both.

I do not have any capture papers for it.....the guy I got it from never mentioned any, and what with me being 13 years old at the time, I didn't know to ask, nor did I ask for any details of how it was acquired.

It is in very good, all original, as captured, condition, and is all original stamped matching.

I have never fired it.

The price is $700 FIRM + shipping

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES HERE. SEND ALL INQUIRIES OR OFFERS TO PURCHASE TO MY EMAIL AT vonweigert(at)earthlink.net

First definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(at)earthlink.net gets it.

Required forms of payment are CASH, U.S. Postal Money Order, or Walmart Money Transfer.

I'm only selling this to raise funds for dog medical bills here at the dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary we run, so I am not interested in any trades and THE PRICE IS FIRM.

For Southern California buyer, Private Party Transfer can be done at The Shootist, or Brass and Bass, both in Murrieta. Due to health issues, I can not and will not travel any further than this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marcus; 06-15-2019 at 12:05.

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gosh, that looks good. But without papers, good luck.