Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have had a 10/22 since 1970, have done all the maintance on it myself. Rugers are easy to work on, most parts from Brownell's and reasonable. Mine is now due for the third set of replacement springs as the last were replaced in the mid 90's. I have an extra barrel if the original ever wears out. Have gone thru two stocks [broken in falls], three scopes [worn eye peace rings] and numerous bluing touchups. The bolt has imprinted on the face of the breach from so much use, still can hit what I cross hair with ease.
    Sam

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

gunsmithing" that they didn't elaborate on..." Ruger will return the thing to 'as it came out of the factory'. Any aftermarket stuff, including new springs, will be removed and not returned to the owner.
    Otherwise, look here.
    CRAP.... I hope NOT... only "alteration" I did was put Hogue finger groove grips on it to fit my hand!! The grip cost me 39 bucks including the shipping.
    Last edited by Former Cav; 06-22-2019 at 01:26.

3. Default

I picked up a mark III 22/45 in a trade that the mag disconnect had been removed and who knows what else. It wouldn't function for crap so I called ruger to see what they would charge to fix it and had read the above disclaimer. They paid shipping both ways, returned about five old parts and the gun in about two weeks no charge.
    I made it clear what had happened and that i was not the original owner and was willing to pay for repairs, shipping or whatever. Excellent CS.
    Last edited by jcg&jmbfan; 06-23-2019 at 04:50.

It came back. They said something like the crane was not shimmed right from the factory.
    I've never heard of that.
    Thankfully, it came back with my hogue grips on it.
    It works............so far....
    It will take me 500 rounds or so to rebuild my confidence in it.

I own several Ruger's and have going back nearly 50 years. Before Christmas I am planning on picking up the 9mm carbine and a American pistol.
    Sam

yeah, well I got it back in about a week to 10 days (NOT complaining about that after all, it had to go from AZ to New Hampshire and back to AZ)
    they said something like they had to shim the end play or some such crap.
    Well, 10 bullets. downloaded cowboy loads even and it is DOA with the same problem.
    So it is going back to them again....
    and when I get it back, I'm trading it off as I have lost any faith in it being reliable.
    I'll probably see if I can get a Smith and Wesson 586/686
    I really screwed the pooch when I sold my S&W in 44 Spec. It was twice the gun this ruger gp100 in 44 spec is.!!