Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Default anybody warranty out a Ruger

I have a GP100 in 44 special that I just bought in Sept.
    I've shot maybe 300 rounds through it.
    the cylinder quit turning (probably the hand) and it has bound up.
    Are they good on their warranties or what?
    TIA

Call them. Doubtless they will repair it. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

I will be surprised if you aren't well taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    . . . . . .the cylinder quit turning (probably the hand) and it has bound up. . . . .
    I’m sure you have checked, but . . . .

Is there any build-up of “schmutz” on the face of the cylinder?

I’ve found that when the barrel/cylinder gap is less than .006”, my cylinder will “schmutz-bind” when using lead bullets at moderate velocity.

It's been years ago but a friend of mine was given a new Ruger Blackhawk by a member of his family as a gift. When shooting, each bullet would hit about 1" lower than the previous shot. In other words if shooting at a target there would be 6 holes spaced in a straight line 1" apart from each other. He sent the pistol back to Ruger and they did in fact duplicate the problem. They offered him a new replacement pistol and he said no, that it was a gift and he wanted THAT very pistol fixed. They replaced the barrel and cylinder and did some other "gunsmithing" that they didn't elaborate on and returned the gun to the owner. The pistol shot normal after the fix and he was happy. Hopefully they are still this accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    I have a GP100 in 44 special that I just bought in Sept.
    I've shot maybe 300 rounds through it.
    the cylinder quit turning (probably the hand) and it has bound up.
    Are they good on their warranties or what?
    TIA
    My son had a similar experience with a ruger and the dealer sent it back to ruger , it was correctly fixed and returned. Good service.

Blog Entries

Ruger does folks right,

just call them, tell them what happened, and send it to the repair facility they tell you to (they have several),

no need to get a dealer involved unless they tell you to or if is some state law in your area

One assumes you gave it a really good bath before deciding it's damaged.
    "..."gunsmithing" that they didn't elaborate on..." Ruger will return the thing to 'as it came out of the factory'. Any aftermarket stuff, including new springs, will be removed and not returned to the owner.
    Otherwise, look here.
    https://www.ruger.com/service/partsService.html
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    One assumes you gave it a really good bath before deciding it's damaged.
    "..."gunsmithing" that they didn't elaborate on..." Ruger will return the thing to 'as it came out of the factory'. Any aftermarket stuff, including new springs, will be removed and not returned to the owner.
    Otherwise, look here.
    https://www.ruger.com/service/partsService.html
    "gunsmithing" that they didn't elaborate on came from my post so I will respond. This gun owned by a friend of mine was NIB. It had the peculiar firing pattern. I would think that Ruger would want to keep such a pistol to study and prevent this from happening again. I also don't see a company spending a lot of time trying to fix this problem when a new weapon had been already been offered.

My thoughts are Ruger duplicated the serial number of the owners pistol to a new one since the owner required the same gun be returned to him due to it being a gift.

Bottom line-regardless of what was actually done: They made it right and did it quickly representing excellent service. There were no charges.
    Last edited by Allen; 06-18-2019 at 01:01.

I have always gotten outstanding warranty service on Ruger firearms. Even when they are out of warranty they are usually repaired at no cost. That and the quality of their firearms is why I will always buy Ruger when it is an option.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment