Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

the_1st_sgt
    Unfortunately, unless you have provenance that your rifle was originally issued as a NM M1, it can never be a NM M1.

According to Bruce N. Canfield the definition of a "NM M1" is "A rifle built by Springfield Amory for use in the National Matches.". I agree with his definition. My 1962 Type 2 is fully documented from my initial purchase request to my Bill of Sale and the shipping document. Team rifles were very seldom documented, and while they are truly NM M1's, they are hard to provide with documented provenance.

I have a match conditioned M1 built by an army armorer (who had attended the training program at SA) with all of the NM M1 parts, and even though it has all of the bells and whistles and will perform like a NM, it is still only a "Match Conditioned" M1. During the Hey Day of the M1. many NM parts were available through the DCM program, but there a specific characteristics that identify it as an Match conditioned M1-not a NM M1 .
    IMO
    FWIW
    Last edited by Cosine26; 06-13-2019 at 03:59.

Do you have access to SRS. I'd be interested to see where my rifle was issued (if it's in there)

3. Default

I do not have access to the SRS. It is my understanding that few NM M1's are listed in the SRS. but I dot know that as a fact.
    FWIW

Thank you

Great answers. Thank you very much!!