Default Value of TE gauge for 1903 & 30 cal machine gun

Had this for years. Looking to sell, price? https://imgur.com/a/CymT4W4

Blog Entries

check ebay sold auctions,

one sold for 65, another for 82 , recently

3. Default

Value of TE gauge for 1903 & 30 cal machine gun
    I do not know; if I want one I will make it. The one you have listed has its advantages. The diameter goes from .300" to .394" meaning it could be used for 30 caliber barrels but after the rifling has been shot out beyond .308" the barrel becomes a smoothbore.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    I do not know; if I want one I will make it. The one you have listed has its advantages. The diameter goes from .300" to .394" meaning it could be used for 30 caliber barrels but after the rifling has been shot out beyond .308" the barrel becomes a smoothbore.

F. Guffey
    while that is all well and good ,

and with respect, not relevant,

that gauge is for the 1903, 1917 and the M1919/1917 MG's as well,

Amen +++++++

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Thanks all for the replies. IDK might keep it.

7. Default

F. Guffey
    Lyman claims "it is not relevant" the gage will fit more different diameters barrels including 8MM, .338" .350 etc. To look at this gage as a 30 Cal gage is to look at it through beady little eyes.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 06-03-2019 at 07:45.

Blog Entries

Lyman claims "it is not relevant" the gage will fit more different diameters barrels including 8MM, .338" .350 etc. To look at this gage as a 30 Cal gage is to look at it through beady little eyes.

F. Guffey
    actually, I claim you comment about making one is not relevant to the question asked, (value of the gauge,,)

my bright baby blues see it fine as long as I am wearing my readers,,,,

9. Default

If you think you ever might need it again, keep it. It's kind of fun using "The Real Thing" to check your weapons, and I have used mine to help out friends who were purchasing or selling an '03/M1917 and wanted to know what they had. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

It's only accurate for the firearms listed on it (and the 1917) due to how it is read. This is all based on the dimensions of the assembled unit with the 1903 series and 1917. Using the machine gun scale you can also gage uninstalled 1903/A3 barrels, (through extractor cut). Note, there is a problem reading TE on 1942 and later barrels due to changes implemented in 42. I made a cheat sheet and posted it here and other sites a few years ago. Will post it when I have a few minutes.

Last edited by Randy A; 08-08-2019 at 09:12.