Default A few Sharps cartridges

I have had these a long time, a few are original un-marked cases. The
    second cartridge is a modern 45-120

Interesting that some of these cartridges are being chambered again for
    the blackpowder shootersP1010052_0048_048.jpg

Very well remember reading of such cartridges in The Rifle in America by Phil B. Sharpe as well as various articles by Elmer Keith. Always thought a Winchester Hi-Wall in one of these chamberings would have been a wonderment either on the range or out in the woods and fields. Always wondered about the relative effectiveness of the various cartridges. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Default A few old US 50 caliber cartridges

Here are some 50 caliber cartridges from the blackpowder era, some of these like
    the Winchester 50-110 made the transition to smokeless powder. The 50-110 in
    the Model 1886 Winchester did make the transition.

The 50 Carbine is a modern case for blackpowder shootersdscn2940.jpg

thanks for posting. do you shoot any of those calibers?

Default shooting

I have a few early cartridge rifles that get shot plus the friends that are really into the
    Sharps rifles (both old and new). My photos show a Remington Rolling Block in 45-70
    with a rear tang sight that I made, weight is 11.3 lbs. The onedscn0244.jpgDSCN1541.jpgP1010039.jpg which is my favorite is a
    Winchester Hi Wall with original double set triggers in 32-40. Also made a mould to
    make paper patch bullets -

that's some barrel on the high wall. those bullets look swaged they are so nice.

Default bullets

The paper patched bullets are from a cylindrical bullet mold that I made years ago (do not have
    a photo). These paper patch smooth bullet molds have been around since they started shooting
    paper patched bullets. At one time Lyman had one. The cylinder is bored to the desired diameter
    to allow the correct alloy to cast the correct diameter desired. Some molds can be adjusted to make
    a longer bullet. There is a spring plunger at the bottom to knock out the bullet, some are nose pour
    and others are base pour, depends on the design. Sometimes barrels are special made for paper
    patch shooting

thanks for the reply. i always wanted to get one of those long case shooting rifles. did you guys ever read this chapter from the PBS series the west? http://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/reso...ve/buffalo.htm. a very interesting time in U.S. history