Cool Need help identifying large lot of WWII / later bayonets

Planning on selling a large lot of WWI / WWII and later bayonets - Seeking information

Desperately need some help in identifying a quantity of older bayonets. I'm trying to help a buddy who is engaged in estimating a number of bayonets for a deceased friend's estate. There's about 35 - 40 bayonets from various eras and makers. Most are in VG to EX condition, and come with scabbards. The very few I recognize are some M6 and M4 bayonets, and a beautiful 1917 Remington 16" with scabbard. I'm not certain on this one, but I believe it to be original and in top notch condition.

I'd be very grateful for any info, including rough estimates as to value if anyone can help. Unfortunately, I've posted some "group" photos and would be happy to email photos of the bayonets and provide marking info on specific ones if you're interested.

Finally, for any collectors out there, these will all be sold, and given the situation, will likely go for some very favorable prices. Might be an opportunity for some folks to score some great deals.

In any event, I want to those who took the time to consider this request for their time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

group a,

not sure,

group b

far right, maybe mosin (91 or 01\30,, would need to see ring size
    next largest is french,
    rest are likely german w some english, maybe, need to see more markings

group c
    3 on right are swedish
    longest one is 1917 or trench gun (US)

group d

far right is US, maybe carbine, need to see ring to tell for sure
    next long one is Arisaka

rest are maybe Mauser, some look Turk

- - - Updated - - -

really need detailed pics of each,
    pics of any markings, esp on the blade
    Last edited by lyman; 05-21-2019 at 05:47.

I would need individual pictures and close ups of the blade markings to help. This link might help. Once you can ID them then I'd see if they are on Ebay or gunbroker.

http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide...ion_guide.html
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Group B sixth from left is a British Pattern 1907. 2nd 3rd and 5th Bayonet from left are shortened 1907s based on blood groove going to end. 4th from left group B is a Indian Pattern bayonet imo. Closer pics would be much better.
    Last edited by p246; 05-22-2019 at 09:36.

Thank you gents for your responses, they are appreciated. I'm trying not to get bogged down in doing this the right way....actually learning more about these blades. The estate is pushing to see the entire group as a single lot. If some collector is interested in getting them all for a very good price, let me kmow. For better pics and markings, email me at: kiko1@nendcable.com
    Regards,
    John Spellman
    Bend, OR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJohnB View Post
    Thank you gents for your responses, they are appreciated. I'm trying not to get bogged down in doing this the right way....actually learning more about these blades. The estate is pushing to see the entire group as a single lot. If some collector is interested in getting them all for a very good price, let me kmow. For better pics and markings, email me at: kiko1@nendcable.com
    Regards,
    John Spellman
    Bend, OR
    attempted sending you an email, but the email listed is not valid,

"...trying not to get bogged down in doing this the right way..." For an estate you really need to be exact. Friggin' bayonets and other accessories have gone up in value by higher percentages than the rifle they go on. Those British Pattern 1907's are worth nearly $200US or more depending on condition. Nearly soiled myself when I saw a No. 7 Mk 1/L (Land) bayonet valued(I paid about $20 for mine.) at nearly $400Cdn. And $25Cdn for a No. 4 "spike". Those were sold as tent pegs at one time.
    Values will vary a lot from place to place and between countries as well.
    "...The estate is pushing..." That the executor?
    Spelling and grammar count!

If you He wants to break the Brits out let me know, the whole lot is not in the cards

- - - Updated - - -

If you He wants to break the Brits out let me know, the whole lot is not in the cards. There are Brits in the other groups to.

Thank you!
    Recently, I posted on several forums seeking information on a collection of bayonets that were part of an estate, I was assisting with. Being unfamiliar with just about everything other than WWII U.S. bayonets, I was in need of your support in identifying and evaluating these blades. The hope was to find a single buyer, at a price that would be attractive, to take the whole bunch. After some discussion with the executor, I had decided to sell them individually, as a number of you had expressed interest in many of these bayonets. At that point, however, one gentleman came through with an offer for the entire lot which the executor accepted. This indecision may have caused some confusion on the part of any interested parties. For this, and my delay in getting back to you all with this information, I apologize to anyone who was inconvenienced by all this.

I want to thank all of you who helped me gather the information I needed, and assisted with my education regarding these items. I never cease to be amazed by the wealth of information and experience the forum members have, and even more, their willingness to share it with, and assist others. Please accept my thanks for all your help.

Regards,

John Spellman

Bend, OR.

Glad you got them all sold, if he comes across just Brit stuff let me know.