Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Need recommendation for a home defense spray

It should be effective out to 30 feet.

2. Default

3" OO buck. Only spray I can think of like that is Kimber's Pepperblaster, which in some of the totalitarian states is considered a firearm, so why bother.

I have recommended to females adverse to the responsibility of gun ownership getting a serious heavy duty fire extinguisher, either CO2 or foam, not dry chemical.. Won't have the range you want, but it is a lot nastier than some might think.

A garden hose will easily reach 30 feet. A fire extinguisher that is not a Class 10B extinguisher(pressurized water) probably will not. Even a 10B is maxed out at 30 feet.
    Either way 30 feet(10 yards) is a long way to be spraying anything. Slightest bit of wind means you miss.
    And it should be 3" #4 buck. More pellets. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I use Wasp spray.
    Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    I use Wasp spray.
    Sam
    this,
    or a can of Brake Clean,

or a can of Bear Spray,

As Sam says, a can of Wasp / Hornet spray is a pretty good choice. It sprays a fairly strong stream of liquid straight out for about 10 feet. It is also a chemical that is commonly and legally sold everywhere. I suspect that if you use it as a weapon some over-zealous cop might want to charge you (depending on your jurisdiction) but as a police officer once said to me: "In the final analysis, its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Sounds like the best ones have been suggested. In a dire emergency where 30' may not be an issue there is aerosol spray carb cleaner, Easy-off oven spray and aerosol spray paint remover (bad sh*t). Most anything will burn eyes and give an element of surprise though like Lysol spray, hair spray, bathtub spray cleaner, etc...

If you are concerned about a home intruder it's best to spray brains. Get your wife a reliable, simple little gun like a revolver that won't jam or have buttons, safety's and switches all over it, get her familiar with it and have her keep it at arms reach, whether it be the night stand or her purse. Just saying.

8. Default

A powerful spray bottle filled with ammonia.

Spend some money installing a good solid metal door in a metal frame w/ dead bolt locks and a interior brace. Securely bar the windows. Install cameras on the exterior. Install an alarm system and exterior security lights. Then ... go to sleep. Later, if possible, move to a locality where there will be less need to be concerned about security, etc. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by snakehunter View Post
    It should be effective out to 30 feet.

I used a product made by frontiersman bear spray that shot out pretty far. be advised that stuff works both ways.