1. Default Help with Combat Commander

I have a .45 ACP series 70 Colt Combat Commander Model 04613 with serial number 70SC80520. It has a satin nickel finish. I looked up the serial number (colt.com/serial-lookup) and it says it was made in 1981. Looking in the new 40th edition of the Blue Book on page 674 it states they were made between 1971 and 1980. I bought the gun used in 1993 with box and paper work. My confusion relates to the few blued parts that are: the trigger, the 4 grip screws and the barrel link. The mag. catch appears to be a non-satin finish. The barrel appears to be chrome plated. I guess my question is was this pistol messed with before I got it or was it put together, as is, by Colt with what parts they still had after it was discontinued in 1980?IMG_8988.jpg
    Last edited by D Miller; 05-03-2019 at 07:03.

Blog Entries

if it was that way when you bought it , it was likely sold that way,

I have seen the exact model you have with no blue parts at all (the barrel and mags were not satin finished (electroless nickel) that I can remember)
    I have one in inventory, a full size model, series 70, that has Electroless Nickel finish, factory, with box, never shot,
    it has blued trigger, grip screws, and barrel bushing,
    as it left the factory,

Colt is famous for having 'errors' or mixed stuff like that