Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great pictures as always! Thanks for posting Fred!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

I'm happy you like them Tkacook!
    Thanks

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    did you ever notice the bolt action rifles in that scene? not to mention the martini enfields. if you pause it at 6 01 there are three in the frame.
    Last edited by free1954; 05-04-2019 at 01:30.

Love them 68's Fred! I need to find one of those ammo pouches for my 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    did you ever notice the bolt action rifles in that scene? not to mention the martini enfields. if you pause it at 6 01 there are three in the frame.

Yes. They had to use Long Lee Enfields because the probably couldn't get their hands on enough Martini Henry's.
    But it's a great movie isn't it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsr View Post
    Love them 68's Fred! I need to find one of those ammo pouches for my 50's.
    Carl, did you notice the serial numbers on the left sides and dates of manufacture on the breech blocks?

Fred, Yes I did. You have posted them several times but these photos are much nicer, wish my camera could take pictures like yours. Your very lucky to have found those low serialized rifles! I always have an eye out for one at every gun show I attend. I have a nice M68 in the 1400 range which I purchased from Al. It looks like it was in someones closet for a very long time. Here are some pics.
    IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1430.jpgIMG_1425.jpgIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1428.jpg

That rifle of yours looks to be about as fine as they can be found. Sharp edges.
    Do you shoot it? I haven't shot a trapdoor in 45 years now.

Fred, I have not shot this one (yet). Edges are very sharp so it must have been stored away for a long time. The bore is as shinny as they come. I do have others I shoot. Have a 66 Allin, 69 cadet and a few 45/70's that I shoot. Just got a 1870 that I'll be taking to the range shortly. May I ask why you haven't shot one in 45 years?

There used to be an old rock quarry on private land that allowed one to shoot up to 300 yards that was closed one day to the public.
    No more fun times there. I entered the army after that and so never had the time. I sold my rifle then (number 11801) that had a Five grooved barrel and my 1884 with it.
    Also, after literally thousands of hours on tanks and thousands of main gun rounds fired and hundreds of thousands of rounds of .50 caliber and 7.62 belted rounds fired, even fireworks have lost their entertainment for me. But I'm wanting to start shooting my trapdoor's again now.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Fred; 05-05-2019 at 06:49.