Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon.com

We have are family in Amazon Prime you can't beat it free shipping my daughter is an account and buys all her items from amazon she says penny for penny dollar for dollar Amazon is cheaper shipped right to your door i buy all my paper towels toilet paper many items you get several people to go together on Amazon Prime to get the free shipping

Just saw on Fox that Amazon is getting ready to announce or has already announced they will have one day shipping to Prime customers. My wife and I purchase regularly on Amazon. She shops for Christmas around July . I have returned items without any problems. Free return if item was not as described, but if you order wrong then you pay a small amount to return item. Someone mentioned they were tricked into Prime. I don't understand how that happened. It just makes sense to shop Amazon. No getting into car and fight traffic,no waiting in checkout while someone ahead of you has a price check. Just my 2 cents. Buddy of mine (Marine) had a birthday and I got him a "cover" in two days. Never left the house and had it sent ti him...

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Just saw on Fox that Amazon is getting ready to announce or has already announced they will have one day shipping to Prime customers. My wife and I purchase regularly on Amazon. She shops for Christmas around July . I have returned items without any problems. Free return if item was not as described, but if you order wrong then you pay a small amount to return item. Someone mentioned they were tricked into Prime. I don't understand how that happened. It just makes sense to shop Amazon. No getting into car and fight traffic,no waiting in checkout while someone ahead of you has a price check. Just my 2 cents. Buddy of mine (Marine) had a birthday and I got him a "cover" in two days. Never left the house and had it sent ti him...

john in SC
    Did you ever sign up for something unintentionally on your PC? It doesn’t happen often to me, but I accidentally subscribed to Prime. I have no idea how it happened, so it was a surprise. Maybe trickery isn’t the best way to describe the process, but their sight certainly wasn’t explaining what I did and didn’t give me an opportunity to immediately cancel my subscription. I looked up how to unsubscribe, but thought I’d try it to see how it works out and I now I’m getting stuff delivered several times a week. So, I like Prime and will keep it. If I need something, Amazon is the first place I look. I don’t like the idea of packages being left on my doorstep though.

Someone mentioned they were tricked into Prime. I don't understand how that happened.
    They probably have different ways but what happened to me was Amazon has items to buy, some of them have a small "prime" logo beside it. If you purchase that item you are automatically subscribed to prime. After I figured it out I looked to see if they sold the same items w/o the "prime" requirement and they didn't. Prime cost $12.99 a month and it is autobilled to your CC each month whether you use it or not. If you use it enough to pay for itself then great, I'm not trying to start any arguments, I just don't like for companies to conduct business like this and don't care for someone to have control over my CC. As mentioned earlier: It is easy to sign up, sometimes unavoidable but difficult to cancel. By making these purchases there is no mention that your are subscribing. Most of us don't know what the little "prime" logo is for or care. We don't know if it is just advertisement or what.

As mentioned earlier too, Wal Mart makes deliveries. Some items are free shipping to the nearest store, some are with charge but sent to your home. Personally, I see better prices (with or w/o free shipping) and have good service with most of the sellers on ebay.

Also, as mentioned, due to their politics, it is like supporting George Soros.

Reason enough for me.
    Last edited by Allen; 04-26-2019 at 06:53.

Every time I look at something I need/want and look on Amazon and other places, I go to other places because it's cheaper!
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

If you use it enough to pay for itself then great, I'm not trying to start any arguments, I just don't like for companies to conduct business like this and don't care for someone to have control over my CC. As mentioned earlier: It is easy to sign up, sometimes unavoidable but difficult to cancel. By making these purchases there is no mention that your are subscribing. Most of us don't know what the little "prime" logo is for or care. We don't know if it is just advertisement or what.
    Allen, no argument, just didn't understand what happened. At approx. $ 13.00 a month ,you will pay USPS at least $ 6.00 on any small item they deliver. I order all kind of items and more than recoup the prime charge I pay...

john in SC

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I look at something I need/want and look on Amazon and other places, I go to other places because it's cheaper!
    Maybe so, try buying ink cartridges that have been re purposed around town. You want find them ...

john in SC
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 04-26-2019 at 07:21.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    They probably have different ways but what happened to me was Amazon has items to buy, some of them have a small "prime" logo beside it. If you purchase that item you are automatically subscribed to prime. After I figured it out I looked to see if they sold the same items w/o the "prime" requirement and they didn't. Prime cost $12.99 a month and it is autobilled to your CC each month whether you use it or not. If you use it enough to pay for itself then great, I'm not trying to start any arguments, I just don't like for companies to conduct business like this and don't care for someone to have control over my CC. As mentioned earlier: It is easy to sign up, sometimes unavoidable but difficult to cancel. By making these purchases there is no mention that your are subscribing. Most of us don't know what the little "prime" logo is for or care. We don't know if it is just advertisement or what.

As mentioned earlier too, Wal Mart makes deliveries. Some items are free shipping to the nearest store, some are with charge but sent to your home. Personally, I see better prices (with or w/o free shipping) and have good service with most of the sellers on ebay.

Also, as mentioned, due to their politics, it is like supporting George Soros.

Reason enough for me.
    That’s probably what happened to me

I ordered a cover for the overflow pipe on my bathtub. Plumbing supply house didn't have one in stock. Paid $11.50 polished brass and was told I would pay freight when it arrived. Picked it up today and the damn freight was $13.65. I was handed a plastic bag with part and two bolts. I know I was screwed on the freight and probably the part also. No package so I wouldn't have a part nbr, to see where it came from. Told the wife I probably paid freight for several other parts for someone else.

This was not related to Amazon.. Just wanted to vent

john in SC

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I bought some target centers once from Midway and they charged me more for S&H then the darned product.
    I've bought the shootnsee targets from amazon and they were cheaper with the S&H.
    I've been a prime member for I don't know how long. But like someone else above said, the "free" S&H seems to only apply if it ALL comes from one source which seems like never. And some of my shipped items take more like a WEEK to get here. Go figure.
    It seems EVERYTHING today is a SCAM!

Blog Entries

Allen, no argument, just didn't understand what happened. At approx. $ 13.00 a month ,you will pay USPS at least $ 6.00 on any small item they deliver. I order all kind of items and more than recoup the prime charge I pay...

john in SC

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe so, try buying ink cartridges that have been re purposed around town. You want find them ...

john in SC
    ditto on the charges, it usually works in my favor each month,

re those cartridges, I gave up on ink jet type printers, since I rarely print photo's or color stuff, I ditched then and went with a Brother all in one (and home) and a Brother Printer (at the shop)
    most of what I print is postage labels, or documents,

wife can get the prints done just as cheap, if not cheaper, by taking the thumbdrive up to Target and having them print them