Default The FDL rear sight for old S&W revolvers

Years ago I bought a S&W Model 1915 Type 2 in 455 caliber. Ammo was difficult and became
    expensive to locate. I had a local gunsmith rechamber it to 45 Colt. Also recall reading a ad
    in the American Rifleman about the FDL rear sight, it had windage and elevation and all you
    had to do was remove the S&W top plate screw and then attach the FDL sight with a longer
    screw. This only worked on the early revolvers with the extra plate screw, others including
    Colt had to be drilled and tapped. The FDL also fit the S&W 1917 and the South American
    S&W revolvers too. You almost never see this sight anymore but works out nice and will
    improve your shooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting RCS !! That is an interesting accessory. In over 35 years of gunsmithing I have never seen or heard of that sight.

Emri

I seem to recall these FDL rear sights were $5 each only mail order

I heard from a collector in Brazil who told me that the FDL rear sight is still used a lot
    on the S&W 1917 and later S&W's imported to Brazil

Blog Entries

I have the same sight on a S&W 32/20 , I think I bought about 40 years ago .It really does help on sighting the pistol.