Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

IMG_1443.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_1474.jpg Remington wheel at its best, very faint.
    Last edited by Jon Field; 04-23-2019 at 02:34.

Default Stock markings

These are the only other markings on the stock, besides the Remington wheel and BA over 11 on the stock.IMG_1475.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the 11 under the BA means other than Benecia Arsensal! That mark is also on the A-4 for sale on Gun Broker. Also, magazine cut off is not a Remington part, must of been changed during rebuild.
    Last edited by Jon Field; 04-23-2019 at 02:45.

Hey I'm sorry I should have been more clear.

I know Remington used an ordnance wheel with the FJA and then RA later but usually the bells at the bottom of the cross cannons on all the A4's I've owned are different. Otherwise when I look at your cross cannon cartouche, it reminds me of the ones from Springfield and not the Remingtons I've owned.

The rest of the cartouches look ok. I'm just not sure on the ordnance wheel. I really am more into the Marine sniper rifles. I study the A4, but no where near what someone like Gaynor does. In fact I hope he comes around and comments. It might be ok. I'm just not sure on a Keystone stock if there could be a cross cannon stamp like that.

Here is the cross cannon on my A4. If you look and compare it, especially the bells of the cannons, there is a difference. Unfortunately my stamp got smacked in that spot. I will try to go back through my archived pics and find a clearer one.

Last edited by cplnorton; 04-24-2019 at 01:40.

Here is a pic of one that is a little better to show the bells that I'm more used to seeing on them. I put it beside mine to compare.

Here is the one A4 (top) compared to yours on the bottom. Hopefully John Beard, Chuck in Denver, or even Jim Gaynor himself will come in and weigh in if they have seen this style cross cannon stamp on a A4 like this. It seems strange to me, but those guys do more with the A4 than I do.

I see the difference, the guy I bought it from has owned 6 of them and said they All had slight differences from each other. I've been trying to post on the CMP forum but can't get pictures to load, even the sysop can't figure out the problem.

I hope the rifle is worth the 3500 clams I spent on it!!
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

Yeah there isn't a lot of activity on jouster anymore. It seems it's pretty quiet over here.

The CMP forum would definitely get you more exposure.