IMG_1421.jpgAccidentally bought this A4, hope I did ok!IMG_1411.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_1419.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1408.jpg

4. Default

How can I accidentily buy one ??

Check good gun shows
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

Quote Originally Posted by retread12345 View Post
    How can I accidentily buy one ??
    I tried this line with my wife, it did not work well.

You did well! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Thanks
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

It's been through a full rebuild, which 99% of them have been, so that's normal. The cross cannon cartouche on the keystone stock is something that is different.

I can't see enough detail of the cartouche to tell if it's a legit cartouche or not. I've just never seen a cross cannon cartouche on a A4 before. I've seen a GAW with a cross cannon on some wartime rebuild M1903's. But I've never seen one just by itself that I can remember.

I do sort of think the scope has been messed with. Even though some books mention the M8's were used, there really isn't any evidence they were used by the military. Which almost all the A4's were sold without a scope, so most scopes on these have been added in the commercial market. But the fact that there is a serial number on this scope is what really bugs me. I think someone added those markings on the scope tube to pass the scope off as military scope.

I would be curious to see that cross cannon in more detail. Otherwise it looks like a honest rebuild A4 from the pics that I can see of it and a beautiful rifle at that!