Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M1 flip sights

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Never figured out why the fakers didn't just use an original to copy rather than depending on collectors to tell them what was wrong.
    That's another good point there. Exactly. It's a laziness on the part of some of the population that this nation has been trained into expecting. All the info on them is out there but people today demand a free and immediate education with no investment on their own part. People need to ask themselves why anyone is entitled to property that someone else worked long and hard at achieving.

Today we don't have to go to the library or order books to study references and we don't even have to subscribe to periodical publications to study. We can sit in a recliner in our house and click buttons to achieve an education for ourselves, like some of us actually did. Well you might have to spend money on parts to study them like I did. Thousands so far. I've been working at this sight topic for 10 years and my time is worth about $20 an hour to me. So far not one person has ever offered to employ me to educate them. I've only had people demand that it's not fair that they don't have the same education. That doesn't mean I don't share it with some people, because plenty know they got info from me. Everyone has an equal opportunity. That does NOT mean you get an equal outcome.
    Last edited by M1C; 09-21-2020 at 09:05.

There may be several reasons why the fakers do not have sights as good as the real ones. The fact that the ones who make these in China would have to charge a lot more money for a real decent copy if they can make them and that maybe none of the ones who deal in these fake sights wants to send them a real one to copy as it costs too much. They seem to do alright with their cheap copies at their rip off prices so why change..

3. Default

That confirms that telling someone what is wrong with a Carbine sight, or whatever, is not giving the fakers anything they can use to improve their product if it is going to cost them more. At an average wage of $2.25 an hour, that could add up fast.

4. Default

And all people who love cars, guitars or women all love the exact same type. Totally false.

It doesn't confirm it at all because there is all level of fakers out there. Chinese manufacturers don't read these forums. /facepalm
    Plenty of fakers DO read these forums and would love a guide on how to make their Chinese sight look more authentic. Why would people suggest that someone here in the USA wanting to gain an extra $100-$1000 would not spend an hour modding his repop sight to con someone his Carbine is original and worthy of a 2000 to 6000 price? Suggesting that it would do no harm makes that person suspect.

And then there are plenty of cheap entitlement types who want a free education at someone else's expense on IDing real parts. Study.

OP was over a year old on 13 May with no further posts by CPC.
    Real or not would depend on the markings. If there were any.
    Spelling and grammar count!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M1C View Post
    And all people who love cars, guitars or women all love the exact same type. Totally false.

It doesn't confirm it at all because there is all level of fakers out there. Chinese manufacturers don't read these forums. /facepalm
    Plenty of fakers DO read these forums and would love a guide on how to make their Chinese sight look more authentic. Why would people suggest that someone here in the USA wanting to gain an extra $100-$1000 would not spend an hour modding his repop sight to con someone his Carbine is original and worthy of a 2000 to 6000 price? Suggesting that it would do no harm makes that person suspect.

And then there are plenty of cheap entitlement types who want a free education at someone else's expense on IDing real parts. Study.
    The part you are missing is that the Chinese never undertook to fake the Carbine sights. Enterprising American dealers contracted their sights to be made in China. The Chinese would be just as happy making egg beaters or noodle makers.

No secret can be given away on the internet that can't be better developed from looking at an original item.

7. Default

You must be pretending to miss the point. People aren't going to tell any general, unknown forum readers how to better fake their parts. Again, your assertion was already proven false.
    Plenty of fakers DO read these forums and would love a guide on how to make their Chinese sight look more authentic.
    Additionally, the Chinese are in love with faking Western items of any kind that will pocket them currency. It's their goal to personally strip wealth from Western items by producing knock-off items. It's pretty much their business model.

8. Default

Really? The Chinese will fake anything you want just like you want it. Of course if someone isn't bright enough to show them how to make it, then maybe they have to go to the forum for fine tuning.

9. Default

More deflection isn't going to change the outcome. It wasn't me who brought up the Chinese. You stated that no harm can be done by revealing how to ID real and fake sights. All I did was prove that it's the fakers here in the USA who can do the main harm be being informed on how to fool people with better faked sights. Try responding to my actual assertions.

There are ways to tell if a sight is real or a reproduction. Just copying a real sight will not make it so. If you compare a fake to a real one real close and take time to do so then you will see the differences. You can even do it with good pictures of both. But it takes time and that is how those who do know have found the answers. Put the time in to learn.