Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M1 flip sights

Default M1 flip sights

Not a Carbine guy and found these in a bag of parts I acquired. I know most parts are reproduced are these real? Any comments are appreciated, regards.
    5EB88C68-7086-4229-9549-F0D37E2520BA.jpg77318E14-AB67-467D-9999-430A3005DFE1.jpg81F6BFBE-16C9-45D5-BFD1-FE4F763BEB0E.jpgFA872675-29DC-46E6-A533-ECC56253DA20.jpg

Better photos would help but from what I can see I would say reproductions.

Larger pictures would definitely help!

The dark one looks terrible, but also suggests to be real. The cleaner one so far looks more real than reproduction, but does need closer/larger pics. One feature of it says repop, but other shots look real. The most common fakes bought today look very close to real in fuzzy pics, but they goof on two key features. One of those features you have to see define pics of. The other you don't. You'll have to figure those out on your own.

Blog Entries

M1C- why? He's asking for help, not a snobbery collector type answer?

He's not giving a snobby answer. The biggest problem with reproduction parts is the ones who order these from China are finding out how to make them better looking. Its bad enough when one well know seller of fake parts writes a book and uses his fake flip sight pictures in it. Any new owners see these and think oh so these are real and pay $150 for a $20 fake. At $20 a profit is made and a whopping one at $150 or MORE!!! Better pictures of these sights from both side are needed. But right now I would lean to fakes which have been made since the 70's. And just got worse from there. You have to realize the fakers also read these forums.

I'm just an enthusiast. A hobbiest. So I buy terrible parts and Carbines along with nice stuff. His help was given. As said by everyone, better pics are needed to truly evaluate so nothing posted here can be used to sell them as USGI. Real also doesn't mean valuable if the condition is terrible.

Never figured out why the fakers didn't just use an original to copy rather than depending on collectors to tell them what was wrong.

Blog Entries

That was the reason for my previous answer, he asked for help and got a partial answer with an implied I know the answer but won't tell you, you have to figure it out yourself.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CPC View Post
    Not a Carbine guy and found these in a bag of parts I acquired. I know most parts are reproduced are these real? Any comments are appreciated, regards.
    He asked one question and it was answered in full and a request was made for better pics to be certain. Anyone with credibility can witness that. PWC, your response was to butt in with an insulting comment and you're still practicing the delusion that you're white knighting for someone else who already got his answer. Start a thread for yourself and demand an entitlement there.