Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Found the label at the bottom of the can. Had the foresight to leave the powder in the plastic bag and stuffed the label down there with it. "GI H335 lot 112486".

Thanks, Tuna.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I shoot the Mini-14 over the AR-15. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion.
    Sam
    with the mini14, if the powder is dirty, the gun still gets dirty, and is a pain to clean,
    pull a tube, no you will not have to , but still clean a bit more,

and not as accurate,

FWIW, I have both, and enjoy shooting the mini on occasion

I have the new one with the heavy tube and flash hider, as to cleaning not a problem better then replacing a tube. As to accuracy it is minute of button and that is all that I need. The M1A/M14 is worse to clean then the mini IMHO.
    Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    I have the new one with the heavy tube and flash hider, as to cleaning not a problem better then replacing a tube. As to accuracy it is minute of button and that is all that I need. The M1A/M14 is worse to clean then the mini IMHO.
    Sam
    easy to or not to clean is all relative I guess,

mine is the older (180 Series) blued with wood stock,

I can keep it on a sheet of paper, which is good for that model,
    they are famous for not being accurate,

but then again, folks want match accuracy sometimes

"...clean it out of the gas tube..." You clean the gas tube the same way you clean it for any powder. Said powder not making a lick of difference to how one cleans one's gas tube.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    easy to or not to clean is all relative I guess,

mine is the older (180 Series) blued with wood stock,

I can keep it on a sheet of paper, which is good for that model,
    they are famous for not being accurate,

but then again, folks want match accuracy sometimes
    I use Kroil #9 along with a stiff brush. I put some directly into the gas and let it drip down into the barrel to soak, as well as the opening itself into the operating rod. I use my Otis to do the same to the bore. After 60 minutes or so, I use a stiff brush and scrub where I can and an old bore brush to hit the inside. Wipe down the outside with a paper towel and .22 patches for the inside. Clean the bore as usual and then turn on my compressor and dry the inside of the gas system. Clean and lube same as the M1 and I am ready to go. One thing I always hated on the AR-15 system was the racket the spring made in the stock, never cared for it. An even easier one to clean is the G3 weapon system, a shooter's dream. The Mini and the G3 are not overly sensitive to powder as is the AR-15 system so that is why I prefer the former and sans the later.
    Sam

Blog Entries

AR's are generally not powder sensitive, I have ran probably 8 different powders, or more, over the years,

don't like the sproing sound? grease it,
    just a dab of thick grease, on the spring, will make it a quiet as a Mini

Barrett Creek, I found my notes on H335 when I was using it in the 90s. I wrote “fairly clean” as part of it. My lot was commercial and much newer FYI, so your results might vary. Good luck.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

FAL's are easy to clean
    I've had the m1a (my favorite) and I had a mini 14 that extremely early production. I picked it up at Montgomery Wards loading (catalog) dock. Mine even had a roller bearing on the bolt. The only one I've seen like it. It was blue with a wood stock. Like a moron, I traded it off and I should have checked the price first. Mine was a 2 MOA rifle which I guess is exceptional.
    What I hate about cleaning the AR-15 is the bolt/star-spline/chamber area. Total pain in the lower extremities.