Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default NIB Stevens 520-30 Trench Gun

Has anybody else been watching this one on Gun Broker? Truly impressive gun and likely a record sale for a Stevens trench gun.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805849129
    James,
    I'm a collector and researcher of Stevens 520/620 shotguns.

2. Default

Rick gets a lot of nice stuff. He liquidated Pat Redmonds collection and I think Lynn Lugars too.

3. Default

This is part of Lynn Lugar’s collection.
    James,

4. Default

Of course he passed many years ago so this came from a newer owner.

5. Default

Didn’t know that, faulty assumption on my part. I was looking at the other items they are selling that are from the same “40+ year collection” and one of the 1911s has supporting photos from a book that IDs the owner as Lynn Lugar. Lugar’s collection must have been impressive.
    Last edited by Keydet92; 04-07-2019 at 06:39.
    James,

6. Default

ULTRA impressive pieces . If another person vies to be an ultra advanced collector . this would be the way to go . Money does not seem to be an object.

There is a 95% conditioned 520-30 . on another website, all correct for a bit less. I had one years ago and the thing was made like a watch .

7. Default

Agreed, that was the 1% of collectible Stevens shotguns. Maybe there’s a NIB 620 trench gun out there somewhere. A 520-30 in 95% should probably only be around $3500-$4000 in my opinion.
    James,

8. Default

Went for $15,101. That's an awful lot of money, but it looks legit and where are you going to find another one?

9. Default

Lynn was a dealer. He had very high quality stuff.
    Pat Redmond passed away in 2000. The last time I spoke with Rick was right after that.
    So I don't know which had told me that Lynn had passed, but it had to be a long time ago.
    As I recall he was a fairly young man.

10. Default

I am 99% sure this is him. I used to see him at OGCA and the date makes sense.
    RIP