Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WRA Collector Grade M1 Garand Auction CMP

Amazing $14,127 Dollars and 6 days to go i bet it will hit $20,000 dollars.I have a WRA M1 i purchased many years ago way before CMP and grading nice rifle everything correct never thought about it being worth that much.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....de-WRA-1340094

2. Default

Wow, I guess they have gone up a bit in value....

I believe the same rifle, sold by an individual, would go for 3k or 3500 on gunbroker. I sold one just as mint as this one not long ago for 3k.

You cannot gauge any sales by what the cmp auctions sells something for. For some reason people believe something sold by the CMP means it's real without question.
    Last edited by cplnorton; 04-07-2019 at 05:38.

As we all know, there is a difference in the value of a rifle and what two competing bidders will pay to outdo one another. Seems to me there is some sort of disease involved in this one.

Concur with Steve; however, while the rifle looked good it didn’t appear to be an original rifle. I’m by no means an authority but to me there appeared to be a couple of anomalies in finish and part characteristics. But my observations could easily be debated by someone who conducted a hands on inspection. CMP pictures are not the best.

"...just as mint..." That one is a long long way from being "mint". The only thing about the CMP's auction vs anywhere else is that you know the thing is exactly as described. Mind you, a real collector would likely pass on that one due the condition of the stock.
    Spelling and grammar count!

7. Default

Years back at the old DCM I got a near new cartouched Springfield Mfg. gun It is a beauty . I think it was 185.00 . Any way I will take bids starting at 35'000.00

Delivery made .by me via private jet. No fooling the rifle offered is in MHO way over priced, unless it is proven to be Audie Murphys rifle

Someone put it to me like this, and I think this is the best way to say it.

There is very little that leaves the CMP, exactly as the way the CMP received it.

I think most of the rifles they sell at auction are no exception. The problem is though, even though they never state the "originality" of the rifle. A lot of people just assume it has to be original and that is what gives us these huge premiums.

9. Default

Well put .

Fifteen freekin thousand. So, it's better to be lucky than smart.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.