Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 1943 Enfield No4 Mk1

Found one of these with price of $450. Is it worth it or can they be found for less? Only seen pics, but looks in good shape and according to the info is original, in spec and functions properly. Thanks.

Doubt it’s original as from factory, most are rebuilt. But I guess original to rebuild would be correct to. I’ve still been finding nice No 4s for $400.00, but you’re not that far off. For me to pay $400.00 the bore has to be excellent and the wood has to fit well with good draws and forend up pressure. There are No 4s I’d pay more than 400.00 for such as a 1941 Longbranch, but that’s due to rarity more than condition. Good luck.

Blog Entries

avg price for a good condtion No4 in these parts,

honestly, you did give us much to go from,

FTR'ed?
    maker?
    barrel condition?
    number on bolt head?
    wood, what type? good shape?

Mk1? Mk1*?
    year?

bore?

devil and pricing is in the details

4. Default

Well, I know. But I gave all I have to go on. Just saw it on an ad site for selling personal items, not a bidding place. Called VCI classifieds for w. Ky. W. Tn So, Ill area. You can look it up and see what I saw. May be something you would want. I would be interested if I knew it was worth it. And no, it's not mine. You may be able to let me know if it would be a good purchase or if too much for what it is. Thanks.

Blog Entries

post a link, does not have to be active or copy paste the pics

I found it Marty. Just a few pics and not much of a description, bore pic looks good, wood not bad, has been FTRed at least once. If you want to roll the dice offer $325.00 to $350.00. Without more pics and descriptors would be hard to offer more. The few pics listed look good, just not enough for me to go all in. Good luck.

7. Default

That's what made me decide to ask those in the know before I tried to do any contacting of the seller. Not much to go on in the ad, but thought some here might be able to give me a ballpark to work with. And that you have done, and I greatly appreciate it. Now will confer with my "financial advisor" and see if I can do some offering. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty T. View Post
    That's what made me decide to ask those in the know before I tried to do any contacting of the seller. Not much to go on in the ad, but thought some here might be able to give me a ballpark to work with. And that you have done, and I greatly appreciate it. Now will confer with my "financial advisor" and see if I can do some offering. Thanks again.
    LOL the F.A. Is the big hurdle

I’ve had some fun with my 1944 No 4 Mk1* that was made in the US by Savage. It’s well built, but like all British tools, guns, cars, etc., etc., the engineering is a bit over the top when compared to the US made battle rifles. It obviously saw some service and I believe it was rebuilt by the Canadians in 1951. It’s a fine battle rifle that was built loose and spacious on purpose. A nice example in shootable condition should be worth what they’re asking. It’s great if the seller will take $50 less but don’t pass it up if you really want it. I saw two this weekend at a military flea market in OH that had asking prices of $450 and $500. The price of everything is only getting more expensive.

10. Default

Along those lines, the one other thing that I forgot to mention. How is the price of these holding? Going up in value, holding steady, or losing? That is also a factor in the deal. Will contact the owner later this week and see where it goes. Thanks again.